Need prayers and positive thoughts

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2007, 04:44 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies (And Crimson ) I got a call a while ago from my sister. She's fourty-one weeks pregnant with her first and has been in labor for the last 48 hours. Nothing has gone according to plan for her, she was going to wait as long as possible to go to the birth center but has been there since before her labor started. She went in for a NST and they found her fluid was low and wanted to induce immediately. She refused an induction but let her MW hook her up to an IV to try to build her fluid. When she had her ultrasound the next day to see if the fluid levels were higher (they were almost double) but as she was getting a transport to be released her water broke. So her MW didn't want her to go and she was to tired to argue. She was only at one cm. Tonight she called me to update and ask for advice (I'm quite sure she was transitioning) and I feel like I let her down. So far she has refused every intervention but two checks (she was at seven cm when she called) and a heplock. Since her water has been broken for so long they are really pushing her to get some pitocin. I told her to get some vit. C to keep out infection and calcium. So if you would pray or if you don't pray send positive labor vibes it would be greatly appreciated, three days in a birth center I know I'd be frustrated but she's doing sooooo amazing! Thanks guys
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

May 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
She will be in my thoughts Steph! Abbey has been wondering about her too, if you havent talked to her Ill tell her to check this post.

</div>
May 4th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Veteran
Oh wow. I hope the best for her and the baby.

I'm a proud father to a bouncing baby boy!
May 4th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Noelle
Oh my gosh! What a trooper! She's definitely in my thoughts!!

May 4th, 2007, 10:27 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man.. what a trooper! I'll keep her in my prayers!

May 5th, 2007, 07:12 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well... I have no real birth story type news, but I know that Nora is here! Sis called my mom last night at midnight and said that she ended up with pit. and a spinal block, I know it's not a "natural" birth but I'm more proud of her than you could ever know. She went upwards of 50 hours in a birth center with no interventions, and when she finally was given some "help" it was because she was exhausted and hadn't slept in almost three days. I don't know for sure but I would assume that babe was born sometime this morning around 8 o'clock eastern. Thank you for all the positive vibes and prayers, I know she appreciates them
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

May 5th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like she did wonderfully
~*Congrats*~ to your sister & to the new Aunty

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search