bleeding

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2007, 07:33 AM
hunters mommy
Sorry for TMI here... i was for sure where to post this... but I don't think you girls mind.
Obviously still bleeding but nothing every super heavy that I worry about leaking with... but yesterday at my grandmas I got on the floor to change Hunter and I could feel a gush like I just had blood come out- a lot of blood. I went to bathroom and yep-- lots-- all over. It was really thick and clot like chuncks on the pad and then just kept running out when I went to bathroom. When I wiped- lots of blood and then another clump like glob. What is going on? Thanks
May 7th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I'd rather be in Forks
Hey sweety - that's totally normal. It will happen off and on for a couple more weeks. It's just your body getting rid of all the leftover tissue. I kept thinking "Yippee, I'm done bleeding" and then here we'd go again. If you are doing a lot of bending and stretching and lifting, it's likely to cause it, and in my case (TMI Warning!! ) a bowel movement would cause it pretty often.

Congrats on your little one!

May 7th, 2007, 09:01 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
ITA with the above poster. You are still bleeding a lot, it just doesnt always come out, kwim? Those clots can sometimes block the opening of the cervix and not let much blood out for a few days, then that clot will break up or move and it will all come out... whoosh! It sucks, but just always have a super absorbency pad on so you can prevent accidents. BTW, your son is beautiful!

</div>
May 7th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Ms.Michelle
Note to self, pick up some more heavy flow pads.
May 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heavy bleeding is a sign that youre doing too much & your bodys way of saying SLOW down. If youre up & about stop, slwo down, take a few days to chill on the couch. I know its tough - you wanna be up & about, but really - slow down

Your body will thank you later.

Just keep in mind - where your placenta detached its like having an open wound - if you had an open wound the size of a full blown balloon on the OUTSIDE of you you wouldnt be up & about... so chill out

Lala....

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 7th, 2007, 09:14 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be overdoing it, but it could also be just a normal increase in blood flow. It happens.... I bled heavily for a few days after giving birth, then it slowed up, and I had a few spurts like that in between. I think it was normal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search