Hospital thinks I'm to much of a liability....so, we're having a homebirth

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
I wanted to have a Lotus Birth, my midwife was all for it, but had to ask hospital staff and what not, they gave her the runaround and ended up saying that would be to much of a liability (bull skit) and that if I wanted to do that I would have to find a different hospital to deliver at.....so, we found a bedroom instead. I will be having a home Lotus Birth DH is still a bit unsure about it because I want an unassisted birth. (It would have been unassisted at the hospital too, we were going to lock ourselves in the bathroom and Opps a baby, lol.) But I know he will come around as I continue to answer his questions. His main concern was "What if something goes wrong?" I told him that the paramedics could be here in 2 and a half minutes (I have timed them in the past, lol) and once I said that, everything got a bit easier, lol. So, it looks like I'm joining the homebirth club.
May 9th, 2007, 06:04 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey there!

Glad you guys made a decision. Im really surprised your hospital said that, in all reality - had you showed up & refused to allow them to cut the cord, theres nothing they could do. But this sounds like its all working out for the best b/c I know you had a lot of hesitancies. You wont have to worry about that pressure anymore.

Get some good books, make sure you & DH are prepared. Emergency Childbirth is a good easy read for how to handle minor emergency situations & its used to prepare a lot of paramedics for emergency births as well.

And if you can find a midwife to pick her brain at least, or a doula to be there fors upport, it wouldnt hurt. You may also find a MW who will be willing to provide care in pg, and not necessarily show up or only show up if half way through you change your mind (stranger things have happened!).

((((hugs))))

You will do wonderfully!

I debated wether or not I would do an unassisted with any future babies, and I would, but I do looooooooove my MW I see nothing wrong with a couple doing it so long as they are prepared, and know when to transport, know when to call for help, and when things are progressing normally.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 9th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Ms.Michelle
Like I said in our DDC, I completely support your decision to do this. I hope we can help support you by helping provide any information you need.

May 9th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Thanx!! I love my midwife too, unfortunatly she works under an OB and for the hospital, so she couldn't attend my homebirth. I will still be seeing her for regular care until Jenni is born and for my regular check-ups. I will have to find that book you mentioned, that is DH's only fear....that I won't be able to tell if something goes wrong, so if we both get prepaired on what to expect problem wise, I think he will be more comfy with this decision. I am 98% positive that I'd be able to tell if there was a problem.....but that isn't 100% so that worries him, lol.
May 9th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Ms.Michelle
http://www.waterbirth.org/mc/page.do
May 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Thanx checking it right now. MSN search seems to hate me atm......I can't find anything lol

OH WOW! Not bad prices!!! Thanx for the info, I am bookmarking it and showing DH when he wakes up.
May 9th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Ms.Michelle
Awesome!
May 10th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, I can't believe that epidurals & every other intervention aren't seen as a 'liability', but having a totally 'natural' 'intervention' free labor & delivery is a 'liability'
Total & utter rubbish IMHO
~*Congrats*~ on making a decision, I hope that all goes well for you & that you have the wonderful birth that you desire

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
May 10th, 2007, 08:12 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
I was out of town yesterday and missed this....

WHOOOHOOOO for you! Yay! Bubbles is preggers lotus birth had me in awe. What an incredible thing. I am very happy for you. You have made a wonderful decision!

</div>
May 11th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Thank you. And yes, she was my inspiration!!! I can honestly say that the first time I heard her say it I thought "What a freak" lol, then I started to research it, and now I intend to be that freak, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search