Your Dr. (or MW)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Do you like your doc or midwife? Why or why not?

</div>
May 14th, 2007, 09:16 AM
*Aspen*
I love my MW!!!!!!!! She did all her appt's at my home and I labored at home till I was 7cm. She rocks!!! I can't wait to have her for baby number two!!
May 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
LOVE MY MIDWIFE!!! She has been my midwife since my first baby when I was 15, I have never seen an OB, I have, however, seen another midwife when she was not able to see me, and that other lady was HORRIBLE, I don't know how she manages to keep her license!? The other lady was rude (about my age) and scared me so much! Plus she was VERY painful when she did an exam (she is tiny, much smaller than my midwife, I don't know how she managed to hurt me so much when my midwife makes me feel just about nothing). I am worried that I won't find another good one like her when we move to NY, as it is we travel an hour both ways to see her cause I refused to switch, lol.
May 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Ms.Michelle
Our way of doing prenatal is a little different where I'm at. We have free medical care but midwives aren't included. (Alberta Health Care doesn't cover it where the other provinces do.) So... I have a family doctor that looks after me until about 33 weeks. Then I get referred to an OB/gyn for the rest of my pregnancy. When I do go into labour, it likely won't be that OB/GYN that sees me, but one of the "team" that my OB/GYN will be apart of, just likely not on at that time I labour. (They rotate team members of the OB/GYN.)

So I have no idea who will be there to deliver. That's why I have a doula and I hope DH will catch the baby at the hospital because a stranger isn't my cup of tea.
May 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Our way of doing prenatal is a little different where I'm at. We have free medical care but midwives aren't included. (Alberta Health Care doesn't cover it where the other provinces do.) So... I have a family doctor that looks after me until about 33 weeks. Then I get referred to an OB/gyn for the rest of my pregnancy. When I do go into labour, it likely won't be that OB/GYN that sees me, but one of the "team" that my OB/GYN will be apart of, just likely not on at that time I labour. (They rotate team members of the OB/GYN.)

So I have no idea who will be there to deliver. That's why I have a doula and I hope DH will catch the baby at the hospital because a stranger isn't my cup of tea.[/b]
I wish you the best of luck Michelle!!!
May 14th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Geez, Michelle...I didn't know that midwife coverage varied by province! I'm in Ontario, and it's completely covered. This is my second baby, and my first experience with a midwife. I have a team of 3 looking after us, and I LOVE them. What a difference! I had to see an OB with my first as I've been classified as high risk for preterm labour due to a possible incompetant cervix.

Of course, this diagnosis is a huge joke for us now. My daughter was born at 40W4D, and I was induced because my water broke and nothing happened. As of this morning, I'm now 40W5D with this one, and who knows when she'll decide to join the party.
May 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also in Ontario and had no idea that MWs weren't covered in all Provinces, I just assumed they were.

I love my MW group, they are a great group of women, but I think I actually like my secondary MW more than my primary. My primary has a tendency to overreact about things and I could really do without that. But at the same time, she really does care, spends all the time I need with me and has been very reassuring when I need her. Much better than the doctor who I had last time who at 38 weeks just decided I was done and sent me in to be induced that day. Too bad I didn't know then what I know now.

Now I'm just waiting to see how the delivery goes with a MW since this is my first time with one, but baby doesn't seem to want to join the party anytime soon.

May 15th, 2007, 11:52 AM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
I peek in every once in a while but I should probably stick around more often and learn from you ladies...I'm getting close!

On this subject...I LOVE my midwife! My husband is in the Navy and I have had to transfer twice for this pregnancy. We lived in Maine when I got pregnant then I was in Florida for like 4 months and now I'm in California for the rest for my pregnancy. I stuck with OB's for that whole time till I got here to cali and knew I wanted to deliver with a midwife. My midwife took me in even though their practice was completely full. She spends a lot of time with me at my appointments and listens to what I have to say. Last week was the first time my husband has gotten to go to an appointment and she brought in the rolling ultrasound machine. After she saw what she needed she let my husband work the machine for like 15 minutes! She is so amazing!

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
May 16th, 2007, 04:59 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
i'm not thrilled with my doctor. i don't think we're on the same page with things...[/b]
It's never to late to change. My sister changed the very end of her pregnancy to a different OB and LOVED her. (I didn't she was very intervention happy)...but w/e. lol!!

I think it's important to have a healthy relationship between your Dr. OB or MW. I wish you the best of luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search