Your DH

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2007, 06:43 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
How involved in pregnancy and birth is your DH? How supportive is he? Does he understand why you want a natural birth?

</div>
May 16th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Karen Elizabeth's Avatar Super Mommy
I've told DH that I'm not going to have drugs when/if I give birth... he always agrees, and although I know he thinks that drug-free is the best option, I'm not sure whether he truly believes I won't change my mind when the pain hits!

</div>
May 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
DH was the one to come up with the idea of a Natural Birth, I was scared in the beginning. Now the Unassisted Home Lotus Water Birth......that is all my idea, lol. He is nervous about that, but would have no problem if it was assisted. While I love my midwife and most of the nurses at the hospital, I am TERRIFIED of that one nurse that tried to force me into having Morphine and Stadol when I was in PTL about a months ago. And that one nurse is what made me finnally say, "I refuse to deal with that" even if she is not on when I go into labor, who is to say there won't be another one like her? I want NO DRUGS, expecially MORPHINE!!!! *** was she thinking!!???? So, anyway, to answer the question, my DH is supportive, but just would rather have someone here other than him and the kids, he is coming around to the idea more and more each day though, and I still have 49 days to get him 100% on my side, lol (well, that is until my due date anyway )
May 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
How involved in pregnancy and birth is your DH? How supportive is he? Does he understand why you want a natural birth?[/b]
DH is very involved. I feel it's key to a stressfree birth for her... I've talked to him about the effects of drugs, but even more importantly, we both understand the fight/flight response issues associated with childbirth. I feel he will be a great support person in the room when the time comes. If I start to tense up, or get stressed, I think he will be best suited to get me back on track. We've gone over tons of what if senerios about it so I hope we are ready for Samantha's big day. We both want this to be a wonderful entrance into the world for her.
May 16th, 2007, 04:55 PM
*Aspen*
Dh wasn't very involved. He went more with the thinking "It's your body, do what you want and I'll support you". I explained to him everything I was doing and why. I made a cheat sheet for him of things to do/say/not do/not say for when I was in labor. He was excellent! As soon as we thought we were in labor (2 am) he pulled out a stopwatch and started timing contractions and we went for a walk. LOL! After my MW showed up at home, dh went to the store and bought me drinks and food for labor. He was wonderful. He was there for every contraction, was very helpful. He forgot to do a few things on the list, but nothing that was too detrimenal to my birth plan.

He keeps telling everyone "Jackie knows so much she could probably deliver her own baby without a MW" LOL! I don't really know THAT much, but it seems like it to him since he knows nothing. I was unemployed while I was pregnant so I sat on the computer all day researching everything.
May 16th, 2007, 04:58 PM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
My husband is super supportive of natural childbirth. He knew that I wanted it but when we started going to class he got really in to it. One night we came out of class and he looks at me and says, "We're gonna do this babe. I know you really want to go natural and you are really passionate about it. I am going to do everything I can to get you through it."

SO CUTE!

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
May 16th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My Dh was supportive and listened to me, but wasn't super involved. He turned out to be the best coach I could have asked for. He was wonderful when I was IN labor, but he even told me later that the moment I told him my water broke he was kind of worried realizing that he really didn't know what to do. lol

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

May 17th, 2007, 12:02 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my dh was great about it all

May 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH has been incredible through this pregnancy, he has been to almost all of my appointments and done what he could to help me out with the bedrest, etc. He is supportive of me going natural, but we'll see how he really does when I'm in labor
May 17th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hubby has always been very supportive of how I choose to birth. I don't think that he's ever questioned anything, oh apart from me not wanting my waters broken once
But all in all he is an awesome support during pregnancy, birth & beyond

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
May 17th, 2007, 05:14 PM
*Aspen*
Here is my dh being mr. helpful My MW is in the background. The ONLY thing that REALLY took the pain away, was to have my tailbone and hips pressed on in a certain way. It was a godsend!!
May 18th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Ms.Michelle

I truly believe having the right support is all the difference between being able to go natural or not.
May 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
MY dh was the one that talked me into natural childbirth and suggested bradley classes. he wanted me to homebirth my first but I was too scared. So he is right behind me, he's a great birth partner, and he caught our last baby when the midwife didnt make it.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

May 18th, 2007, 07:59 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my husband was pretty much my doula, and he did just fine
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
May 19th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is very supportive! He loves to read about the various stages of pregnancy and is a tremendous support during labor. It was actually DH that suggested we do a home birth rather than go to a birth center so I know he's right there with me in this

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search