Hi!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Tofu Bacon
Hi everyone, I'm trying for an all natural VBAC, come January-ish I'm really excited about having a natural birth, as my ds was a c-section. I had planned on going natural with him, but by 42 weeks I still hadn't gone into labor and the ultrasound was estimating him to be 9.5lbs (added to the fact that I'm very petite) so the OB kind of steered me in the direction of a c-section . Ds ended up being 8.14; not huge, but not exactly small either. I do regret not being able to at least try and labor, but an induction may likely have led to a c-section anyway.

I am so determined to make this VBAC happen; luckily I have a very supportive dh and midwife in my corner. As far as everyone else goes...I'm a little overwhelmed by the lack of support so now dh and I have decided to keep our birth plans quiet. No one understands why I won't just go have another c-section and are even more freaked out about the midwife thing; if I hear one more "Birth is a medical procedure and should take place in a hospital with a doctor." I'm going to go ape-####. Statistically, a VBAC success rates are significantly higher with a midwife, than with an OB. Its not like I'll be giving birth in a field of daisies (at least not this time ); as much as I'd rather be home, state laws require that I be in the hospital, where there will be plenty of doctors crawling the halls just waiting to get a crack at me Phew! okay, vent over. I believe very strongly in positive imagery, so I just keep on envisioning myself giving birth naturally (which is hard because I've never been there) and those Negative Nellies are causing me to picture a moment of failure with an OB coming in and saying they want to do a c-section. So the less people I tell IRL, the less negative attitude I will be getting. People are amazing; you can show them facts and statistics on midwife-attended births, but they still cling to idea that a "traditional" OB-attended hospital birth is safer and better. Screw the actual facts, lets just go with our "opinions"
May 24th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Ms.Michelle
Cori! I'm so happy to see you here but even more happy to read how you feel.

I've found this area to be the sane place for me to be myself. I will support you in anyway I can girl!

Congradulations again on your pregnancy. Your attitude is so helpful to your little one already.

~ Michelle
May 24th, 2007, 08:37 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Hi Cori! Welcome to the group! I have seen you posting in the debate boards (yes, I am a debate "lurker" )

Congrats on your pregnancy. I am glad that you found a good MW who will support a vbac. Here where I live I had to get a mw just to be under the care of someone who supported my choice to not have an elective induction I know its easy to catch crap for having something cross to say about the medical profession in a lot of places, but you can vent about whatever you need to here. We are all willing to listen and support you! Glad that you have joined us!

</div>
May 24th, 2007, 02:50 PM
*Aspen*
Hey good to see you here!!! Sometimes I wonder if it IS good to keep things quiet so you don't have to deal with negative feedback...or if it's better to bite the bullet and maybe change ones mind throughout this whole process.

What I WISH I would have done when pregnant with Kailey, was get all those facts proving that what I was doing was best. Get all the information to prove ignorance was not the way I was gonna go. Put them in packets and hand them out to each family member. Tell them that w/e they have questions or comments about, they had better read through this packet first. If they have anything negative to say afterwards I'd warn them that (this is me, not you, I switch back in forth in my writing I'm sorry lol) their time around me will be limited during my pregnancy and they will not be allowed at the birth. I don't need to be around negative condescending energy, I need to be around positive supportive OPEN-MINDED energy.

Good luck hun!!!!!!!!!
May 24th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Noelle
Hi! I'm Noelle. I don't post here a lot, but I'm trying since it's getting to be closer to that time! Anyhow, I am HUGE on positive imagery! So, good for you for starting so early!! Can't wait to get to know you better!

May 25th, 2007, 11:34 AM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
Hello! I'm Sarah. I'm fairly new to this board but not to JM. I'm waiting for my little boy to come out naturally any day now!

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
May 30th, 2007, 12:14 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Hello and welcome!! I am also planning a natural VBAC in late Sept or early Oct. I know exactly what your talking about when people bring you down.

I do have to have a OB but she is supportive. I to have to have the baby in a hospital. I am planning to labor in a hotel room close by as long as I can though so I am not stuck in bed. I have a doula hired and have read tons of books.

I wish you the best birth possible!!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search