Childbirth in 2052

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Tofu Bacon
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?...=16718&on=1
May 25th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Interesting!
May 25th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Ms.Michelle
This made me cry because it's the truth.

May 27th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was beautiful. I loved it.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
May 27th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Snowboardingfairy's Avatar Super Mommy
LOVED it!!!
May 28th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Ms.Michelle
I actually emailed that lady to send her some positive feedback. She got back to me and was really sweet. I loved this story.
May 30th, 2007, 02:39 PM
ranestorm's Avatar Super Mommy
oh so true....it's sad that our society has become one of doctors, drugs and knives.

it's horrible!

http://www.brandianndesigns.etsy.com
</div>
June 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Sevannah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing!!! I've been getting lots of slack for wanting natural child birth, using a midwife and wanting to give birth at home. To keep the peace I finally agreed that I would give birth at the hospital, only if I could do most of the labour at home.

People laugh when I say I want to do it the natural way..... I always fire back by saying "Women have only been giving birth at hospitals with the aid of a doctor and pain killers for the last 60 yrs. For thousands of years millions of woman have given birth naturally at home with a female support network aka midwives. So really I'm not the one that is doing things that is so abnormal." That usually shuts people up for a bit.

My midwife told me that it's better to do most of the labour at home, as the earlier you go to a hospital the more unessary proceedures they perform!!!! That scared me more than natural birth, that and the epi!!!!! Yikes!!!!

Thanks again for sharing a great article!!!
June 2nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Whenever I tell people that I don't want drugs or for the doctors to slice my genitals to make more room for the baby's head or a doctor to stick a needle into my son's head to make sure tht he is "OK" they tell me, you will change your mind when you actually go into labor. I had preterm labor twice and I let them stop it just because I would rather get two pills than have them give my baby iv's and drugs and make him stay in the hospital until he was four pounds. I want to have my baby the way God intended. Without drugs and without medical intervention. I sincerely hope that the world never turns into the one in that article but at the rate we are going now...it won't be long. All I know is that I will not fall into that sort of a rut. Those drugs cause more harm than good anyday.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
mylittlemonsters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mylittlemonsters
I loved this!! Thanks for sharing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search