In a Childbirth Panic!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Melissa02909's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Melissa02909 Send a message via Yahoo to Melissa02909
I gave birth two years ago. It was a long (18 hour) event and it was painful. I had more than 3 epidurals and had a swollen cervix. Therefore, I couldn't push for six hours while we waited for the swelling to go down. I was lucky in that I only pushed for 8 minutes.

I am really starting to panic about giving birth again. I am worried because my last birth experience was not as nice as I would have liked.

Any suggestions?

Melissa

May 27th, 2007, 09:46 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you but I promise I will come back with something. I'm sure your next birth experience will be better since you are going natural.

May 27th, 2007, 11:34 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Hi , I'm just now planning my first natural birth so I'm by no means an expert , but I don't think you can gage your next pregnancy or birth on the last one really , I mean some things may be the same yes , but for the most part every pregnancy and birth are different . I think if you read as much as you can on how your body should do things or needs to do things to have a baby and read about all the natural options you have that can help you out and about how some of the doctors ways can actually make things much harder for your body to do those things it needs then you should be able to have a much better birth and gain the confidence for it too . Good luck hun !

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

May 28th, 2007, 07:27 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Well said Itsymama. All I can tell you is to educate yourself. Just hang out on the board for a while. Read all you can about natural birth, and the experience. Indulge in a few wonderful natural birth stories and become inspired. The more you know, the better things will be. Welcome to the group

</div>
May 28th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
I gave birth two years ago. It was a long (18 hour) event and it was painful. I had more than 3 epidurals and had a swollen cervix. Therefore, I couldn't push for six hours while we waited for the swelling to go down. I was lucky in that I only pushed for 8 minutes.

I am really starting to panic about giving birth again. I am worried because my last birth experience was not as nice as I would have liked.

Any suggestions?

Melissa[/b]
*:Onei*Chan:* & itsymama said it really well.

While I took my hypnobirthing class, we did fear releasing methods. The other girl I took the course with had a lot of fear from the last pregnancy she had so she was very specifically working on releasing the past. I wonder if something like that would help you?
May 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can relate! My first labor was 32 hours long and I pushed for three hours. It was not at all as I expected and as my second birth approached I became very anxious that it would be the same. My second birth was actually my easiest (so far). It was 9 hours and the baby came so quickly that I didn't even need to push, he just came out on his own! I think your fears and normal, but like the other posters have said, if you can find a way to release them I think you will feel a lot better. For me, that release came in the form of reading books and talking to others who have had a natural birth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search