Breech baby support

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Ms.Michelle
So some of the girls, and myself included have hopsitals that have very standard procedures to do an immediate c-section if baby is breeched. Of course many of the doctors are right now starting to schedule these c-sections. (Not me yet.) Can we start a list to help all the mom get their babies to turn or information they can arm themselves with so they don't have to get c-sections?
May 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
So some of the girls, and myself included have hopsitals that have very standard procedures to do an immediate c-section if baby is breeched. Of course many of the doctors are right now starting to schedule these c-sections. (Not me yet.) Can we start a list to help all the mom get their babies to turn or information they can arm themselves with so they don't have to get c-sections?[/b]

Sure! I've had two breech babies and maybe a third but this one still has time to turn What I would suggest is checking out the site: http://www.spinningbabies.com/ Lots of great info there on how to get a non-ideally positioned baby to move. I am also going to see a chiropractor starting next month, there is a very successful procedure that they can do which helps the baby to get head down. I've also had two successful external version followed by vaginal deliveries. I've heard a lot of women say "it's too painful" to have a version done. In my personal experience it wasn't very painful at all. If you have an OB that is skilled at them it might be a bit uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say downright painful (at least in my two experiences). Plus, if the choice is to try a version vs. go right to a c-section I'm placing my bets that c-section recovery is going to hurt a lot more!

Since I've now had two breech babies I've become a lot more educated and I'm really hoping that seeing the chiropractor will help avoid another version should my current little one decide to remain in the head up position s/he seems to favor!

May 28th, 2007, 05:48 PM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
My lil babe was breech at 32wks and my midwife gave me a good tip that worked. She told me to prop the ironing board on the couch to make a slant. Its kinda like those things at the gym that you do situps on. But just lay there for 15 minutes per night and it encourages him to 'swim to the top'. I definitely couldn't breathe and this gave me a big headache but I guess it worked. If that hadn't worked I was gonna do the external version. Now he is posterior trying to come out face first. He really really really doesn't want to come out I guess. I'm doing pelvic tilt stuff for that now. I've heard babies can't deliver face first cuz it will break their neck?

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
May 29th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 out of 4 of my children have still been breech at 30 weeks. One until 35 1/2 weeks. My best friends baby (no.3) was breech at 38 weeks & anterior again at 39 weeks. Oh & he was nearly 9lb. The 3 of mine that were breech until late were also posterior up until labour-delivery/1 of them until I had her where she 'turned on perineum'.
It amazes me when babies are often still breech in the 30 week range why it would be naturally assumed that they are going to stay that way?? All 3 of mine turned by the time I had them So did best friends baby
Spinning Babies has some awesome suggestions to get breech babies head down

DD18, DD16, DD15, DS13, DN12, DS7, DD4, DD2

Expecting a surprise bebe - November 3rd
May 29th, 2007, 10:43 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I've heard babies can't deliver face first cuz it will break their neck?[/b]
My brother was delivered face first and other than swollen lips he was perfectly fine (this was 25 years ago)!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

May 29th, 2007, 01:06 PM
*Aspen*
Babies can deliver face first....it looks funny, but it is possible LOL!
May 29th, 2007, 04:48 PM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
Is it safe though? I can imagine it is going to be much more painful

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
May 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Is it safe though? I can imagine it is going to be much more painful[/b]
Ok, darnit I've needed my book from upstairs for many different posts for days now. I'm going to get it right now and I'll get back to you on this. LOL!

Arg...I'm not finding very much information. I thought there was info in my book, but it was just a birth story of a woman giving birth to a face presented baby. She did it, so it's possible. But in most cases it's said that a csection, episiotomy, vacuum, or forceps are needed. About 1 in 500 births are face presentations.

That is really all I could find.
May 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Babies can deliver face first....it looks funny, but it is possible[/b]
True, but thankfully the greater majority of babies (I believe,) spin before they come out. All three of my posterior babies turned, even the one I delivered laying on my back (my choice, was most comfortable for me,) turned AS she came out

DD18, DD16, DD15, DS13, DN12, DS7, DD4, DD2

Expecting a surprise bebe - November 3rd
May 30th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Veteran
I've never had to deal with the issue of a breech baby, but acupuncture is supposed to have a good success rate at turning babies. If I was in that situation, I would definitely try it.
http://www.pregnancy.com.au/breech_b...eech_birth.htm (Says acupuncture turned 70% of breech babies in a research study.)
(If you Google something like "acupuncture breech baby", you'll find a bunch of links with useful info.

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-

May 30th, 2007, 10:50 AM
*Aspen*
I did a report my Freshman year in High School on Acupuncture. Acupuncture is really really awesome!!!! I remember two examples I gave in my report....one a baby had a high fever when she was born and went blind...acupuncture made her be able to see again. Another, a man was paralyzed due to falling on his back.....he was able to walk again. Weird!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search