After Birth Meals...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2007, 08:22 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
When I had my daughter, I had pain meds. I had her at 3pm but my stomach was queasy and I didnt really get hungry until about 7pm. And at that time, all I could think about were vegetarian fajitas. I NEEDED them wtih every ounce of my life!
My son on the other hand was born naturally and at 7am in the morning. By 730 I was talking about needing to eat. I hadnt eaten since dinner the night before. I wanted eggs, hash browns and biscuits. And so thats what I had, not even an hour after he was born. I was FAMISHED.

So, what did you have to eat for your first meal after the baby was born? Were you starving or what?

</div>
June 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Ms.Michelle
Umm... food...

June 4th, 2007, 02:29 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Well since I had to have a c-section I was on that wonderful clear liquids diet for the next 3 days , broth broth broth and prune juice , oh they were nice enough to give me jello too lol .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

June 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I remember having Oreo cookies right after he was born. It was a hospital birth and I hadn't eaten in 32 hours. I think my DH got them out of the vending machine for me I think I had a turkey sandwich after my second. After my 3rd I had lasagna, and it was GOOD! I was starving after each one!

June 4th, 2007, 08:14 PM
*Aspen*
I'm ashamed to say....but it was a BigMac....lol.

Everyone was eating Burger King while I was in labor and all I could think about was food food food. I was eating in the delivery room while Kailey was being weighed. I was STARVING! lol
June 4th, 2007, 08:53 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a big glass of OJ immediately after birth (the sugar, vit c, and vit K someone said?). it was like a drink of heaven.

Then - my bradley teacher was there so she went & made me some scrambled eggs, baked ham, toast, pineapple, grapes, and something else - I swallowed it all in one bite i think lol.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
June 4th, 2007, 09:09 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was starving both times, but I don't remember what my first meal was....
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
June 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL... well I labored from about 9 am to 11pm, then had the c-sec shortly after midnight. Was way busy and then too tired to even think about food until the next morning when they brought me my liquid diet. That was the best freakin' broth and jello I have ever had in my life.

June 6th, 2007, 01:38 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with phelix i was very hungry (he was born at 2am) and had toast, Noah wasnt too hungry (born at 12pm) but had burger king on the way home 3 hours after he was born

June 6th, 2007, 07:57 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son was born at 12:52 PM and I didn't eat until maybe 5PM or 6PM. I wasn't hungry and then when it hit me, I wanted to eat everything in sight.

July 15th, 2007, 03:19 AM
hotstuff2u's Avatar Super Mommy
The 1st one was born at 7:35 am and around 10:30 they came with toast and apple juice, but I was ready for a steak...didn't get it though
with the 2nd she was born around 10:30pm and Law and Order was on, right after the delivery I was so ungry I was asking my husband to go get me something to eat and the nurse heard me and she said let me run to the cafeteria while is still open and I'll get you something... how sweet was she???
She came back a little later with a bowl of soup, a burger with fries and some gello, I ate it all so fast and then at 4 am was eating apple chips.

July 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I don't remember with Courtney...

With Nola it was beef stew

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

July 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd eaten while in labor but about 30 min after she was born I was starving. I had a huge (and I mean huge) BLT. DH had one as well and he couldn't finish his, so I did.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 16th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first, I can't actually remember if I ate anything after breakfast, probably not. But she was born at almost 4pm, & after the drama of her having to go to the NICU & getting cleaned up & following her down there. By the time I got back to my room, my meal had been served & was STONE cold. (Probably very lucky that they hadn't taken it back!)
I was so starving hungry that I ate EVERY mouthful.

After no.2 was born I had a cuppa pretty shortly afterwards, & imagine that I would have had tea as normal.

Labour started with no.3 in the afternoon & bubs was born after midnight. I am pretty sure I had tea, & then we made our way to the hospital.

No.4 I ate breakfast before going to the hospital & ate lunch & tea whilst in active labour. The chicken meal that was served for tea only 3 hours before bubs was born was probably one of the best meals I've ever had
Baby was born at almost 9pm, & I had my much wanted cup of tea afterwards

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
July 16th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Subway.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

July 16th, 2007, 08:51 PM
CBMS
With Madeline, by the time she was born (at nearly Midnight), I had been about 30 or so hours without food and drink! I had my daddy get me a footlong subway sandwich--a cold cut combo with cheese, mayo, mustard, lettuce, and loaded with pickles and black olives, with oil and vinegar. I scarfed it down in about three minutes. And no, that's not an exaggeration!
July 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't remember what my first real meal was, but I definitely had graham crackers less than an hour after birth... and plenty of cranberry juice (mmmm).

July 16th, 2007, 10:01 PM
mylittlemonsters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mylittlemonsters
With my first I had a Dominos pizza and their old style breadsticks. With my second I had KFC-yummy! With my 3rd I had some sandwiches, ham and turkey I think. With my 4th I had Arby's roast beef n cheddar and jal. poppers.
I was a manager at Dominos when I had my first, so it was a given that I was getting food from there. My oldest spent 6 days in the NICU and I think we lived on Dominos.
We live an hour from the hospital and so any chance I get to get Arbys and dh will agree to it, I get it...also the same with KFC (but that was more dh's pick than mine.lol)
July 16th, 2007, 10:35 PM
MamaT's Avatar Member
Food! I was absolutely starving after giving birth. I think "find me some food" was one of the first things I said after I oohed over my new gal! Luckily, they had recently served breakfast and they found me some eggs, toast and cereal. I also had the usual orange juice right away.

July 17th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Tofu Bacon
Lucky me, I got to have a cup of beef broth and some jello!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search