CrimsonSky

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are you? Did your GF have the baby? How did it go?
June 5th, 2007, 06:47 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Ive been wondering too!

</div>
June 6th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Ms.Michelle
Oh me too! I send him a quote the other day..

Someone once said that noone can love a child like a mom.

Someone wasn't a father.
~ Anon
June 7th, 2007, 05:16 AM
Veteran
Hey ladies.

Yes, we had the baby on the 30th of May. He's healthy thank god, but the birth was a huge disappointment and disaster.

In many ways I blame myself and my gf. To cut a long story short, it ended up in a C-section and was nowhere near a natural birth. And now my gf thinks epidurals are the best thing in the whole wide world, despite the fact that it made her tremble and shake, which was pretty eery, imo.

Next time, I hope we can make some better choices. I thought that this birthing experience would push her to try to keep things more natural next time but she said "Maybe, next time it wouldn't be so bad if we scheduled the c-section beforehand." I wanted to throw up.

I'm a proud father to a bouncing baby boy!
June 7th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
Hey ladies.

Yes, we had the baby on the 30th of May. He's healthy thank god, but the birth was a huge disappointment and disaster.

In many ways I blame myself and my gf. To cut a long story short, it ended up in a C-section and was nowhere near a natural birth. And now my gf thinks epidurals are the best thing in the whole wide world, despite the fact that it made her tremble and shake, which was pretty eery, imo.

Next time, I hope we can make some better choices. I thought that this birthing experience would push her to try to keep things more natural next time but she said "Maybe, next time it wouldn't be so bad if we scheduled the c-section beforehand." I wanted to throw up. [/b]

Hey. I know you're going to be the best father you can be and congradulations on a healthy, little guy.

I'm sorry to hear the birth felt disappointing and ended in a c-section. I know, there are many women who just prefer the drugs. I can't blame them because they are programmed to think it's the best way and the doctors encourage it as welll. I'd be the first to defend her because I believe in "her body, her choice." However, I would imagine how hard on you this must have been considering what you know. How you tried to educate yourself and her for your baby. I have so much respect for you on this. I watched you learn and ask about this and could tell how your gf wasn't embracing it as much. The funny thing is, it's usually the other way around where the pregnant woman has to convince the significant other (SO) what other choices are out there. I will always respect your attempt to have a natural, gentle birth.

I only wish you and your new family all the best. If you want to vent about it, please feel free to. If you need any c-section support, we do have it here on JM as well. My DH is very supportive for this natural way and even he would understand where you're coming from. (I think there is a bit of gender discrimination when it comes to fathers and childbirth so if you ever want to chat with someone, let me know.)

Please stick around. I hope you can help us with your experience. I mean, you've experienced something I haven't! When you feel up to it, give us more details.

Cheers, Michelle
June 7th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Hey ladies.

Next time, I hope we can make some better choices. I thought that this birthing experience would push her to try to keep things more natural next time but she said "Maybe, next time it wouldn't be so bad if we scheduled the c-section beforehand." I wanted to throw up. [/b]

Hey. I know you're going to be the best father you can be and congradulations on a healthy, little guy.

I'm sorry to hear the birth felt disappointing and ended in a c-section. I know, there are many women who just prefer the drugs. I can't blame them because they are programmed to think it's the best way and the doctors encourage it as welll. I'd be the first to defend her because I believe in "her body, her choice." However, I would imagine how hard on you this must have been considering what you know. How you tried to educate yourself and her for your baby. I have so much respect for you on this. I watched you learn and ask about this and could tell how your gf wasn't embracing it as much. The funny thing is, it's usually the other way around where the pregnant woman has to convince the significant other (SO) what other choices are out there. I will always respect your attempt to have a natural, gentle birth.

I only wish you and your new family all the best. If you want to vent about it, please feel free to. If you need any c-section support, we do have it here on JM as well. My DH is very supportive for this natural way and even he would understand where you're coming from. (I think there is a bit of gender discrimination when it comes to fathers and childbirth so if you ever want to chat with someone, let me know.)

Please stick around. I hope you can help us with your experience. I mean, you've experienced something I haven't! When you feel up to it, give us more details.

Cheers, Michelle
[/b]
Thanks Michelle.

To be honest throughout the whole pregnancy I tried everything I could to guide her toward a more natural birth, especially since she had no complications during pregnancy. She didn't want to take EPO when I told her about it, she refused a doula, didn't want Bradley classes, and even getting her to commit to breastfeeding was a battle. Whenever I pointed out the negatives of medicated birth, induced labor before 40 weeks, c-section, and epidurals, she would get irate and tell me I was trying to scare her.

The main reason I think this birth went so bad (she failed to progress beyond 2 cm after about 11 hours of labor) was because she was induced. I know, I know. I knew all about the risks of induction but I figured since she was 41 weeks, according to her due date, her body would be receptive. Turns out we were wrong. Her body didn't respond too well to the cytotec and pitocin. She got to 2 cm and that was it.

There's only so much a man can do in these situations because really, the women are in control of their birthes. But in the end, I'm thankful my son has arrived safely.

But I do want to thank you all for your information and time. At least I got her to agree that we'll never, ever try inducing labor again.

I'm a proud father to a bouncing baby boy!
June 7th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Ms.Michelle
Thanks for posting more. It's hard when you know better. The great news is she agrees to no more inductions!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search