Lurkers!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 07:55 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Hey girls! You know who I am talking to! The girls who you see reply ONCE or the girls who are reading all the topics all the time and not posting! Well, introduce yourselves, please! We would love to meet you and get to know you!

</div>
June 6th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I think I've introduced myself before but I really don't post much in here so I'll do it again. I'm Cindy and our baby is due in October. I am starting a hypnobirthing class in mid July and am really looking forward to that!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

June 6th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Ms.Michelle
You must update us Flipper! (I'm using hypnobirthing too!)
June 6th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am LeAnn and I have a 10.5 month old little girl and I am 23 weeks preggo with my son. I am trying for a VBAC. My birth story for Alyssa is in my profile if anyone is interested.

I did do hypnobirthing with Alyssa. It DID NOT work for me at all and I did everything I was suppose to. The breathing they taught me actually made me hurt worse than the contractions. They had to teach me lamaze while I was in labor because hypnobirthing hurt to much. I went thru 3 days of induction without pain meds. I hope it works better for you ladies!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

June 6th, 2007, 06:52 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes I check in here. I've had one natural birth and it was really something....
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
June 7th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Regular
My name is Zakiyyah...this Friday I will be exactly 28 weeks. I'm a FTM and unfortunately going through a divorce, so no DH for support. I have my mom though and my sister...both of whom believe this is their child. I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago trying to get more information on natural birth. The more I read the more scared I am of having my baby in a hospital. What I want is to find a reputable birthing center with great midwives and have her there....but I'm 28 weeks and I feel like its kind of late to be changing stuff. Plus I've only been able to find two birthing centers. One in Redlands CA, the other...in Santa Monica...two hours away. It would be great to find a place where I can go and talk to all these women who've had experiences at one place or the other....or who could point me in the direction of a better known birthing center. I'm just really scared, and the more I read about natural childbirth, the more I dont want to have my baby anywhere near a hospital. Anyways, I'm definitely going to start posting.

</a>

June 8th, 2007, 05:19 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
I hope so! Nice to meet you and congrats on your pregnancy!

</div>
June 8th, 2007, 08:42 PM
AnnieP1970's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnieP1970 Send a message via MSN to AnnieP1970 Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieP1970
I come here sometimes from time to time. I'm Annie and expecting my 4th in October. I did natural childbirth with my first 3 and plan to this time around too. Just as long as it goes quickly like the last 2, I'm good to go.
June 9th, 2007, 08:09 PM
sara*beth's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sara*beth
I'll admit, I'm a lurker!
I am Sara, and I'm 29 weeks pregnant with baby girl number two.
My DD is almost two now, and I had her in a hospital with an epidural (dumb decision, I gave birth to her just minutes after recieving it).
So for this next baby, I'm going to go all natural at a birthing center with as little medical intervention as possible.

June 10th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You already know who I am. I just don't feel comfortable posting right now because I'm not pregnant anymore. I still read all the threads though.

</div>
June 10th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Tofu Bacon
^^I'm so sorry
June 11th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Ms.Michelle
June 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lurk here a bit. My name is Robyn, i'm 34 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I am so determined to have a natural birth. i love reading the posts here, it reafirms my faith in myself when i start to doubt, or when people tell me i'll never do it because i dont know what the pain is like.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
June 12th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I have been lurking here the past few days. My name is Jill and my DH, Josh, and I are TTC our first. Things aren't going as well as hoped so while we're waiting I have been daydreaming about what I want for my pregnancy and child. I have been determined to have a natural child birth since I was 12! I love reading the stories, they let me know it is possible! Many people tell me I am crazy for wanting to do this, including DH, who is scared to death for me to try giving birth without drugs. I think he is afraid of seeing me in pain! I am really glad these stories are here to help reaffirm my decision!

June 15th, 2007, 09:49 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I mostly lurk though I've posted a couple times and my son's birth story is in the designated section. I have a 17 1/2 month old son, Liam, who I had naturally but in a hospital. I did hypnobirthing with him and loved every minute of it. I am currently 30 weeks 3 days pregnant with our second son. We will be having him in a birth center with a midwife and I'm so thankful for making the decision to go with them rather than an OB. I'm contracting a lot and I'm pretty positive I dropped the other day so I'm pretty sore and uncomfortable most of the time. On the plus side, the contractions are great practice for me to get back into the hypnobirthing swing of things.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

June 20th, 2007, 10:00 AM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
My name is Megan, I am 19 weeks pregnant with number 5. I have 3 boys from my ex husband, 13, 9 and almost 8, and my daughter will be 1 July 2. DF also has 2 girls from his ex wife. Big family! All of my deliveries have been natural incl one at 27.5 weeks, breech , one 9 lber and one brow presentation. OUCH for that one. My daughter was super fast... I got to the hospital at 547 and had her at 549 after being in labour at home for about half hour, and a 20 min drive to the hospial. I am terrified at how fast this one will be!

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
June 28th, 2007, 09:29 PM
fijimama's Avatar Regular
Hello all, this is my first day to visit this board, but I'm sure I'll be back! I am 8 weeks pregnant with #4. It's my 3rd pregnancy - my DD is adopted.

I'll go ahead and share a brief version of my birth stories since it may be a while before I have time to write out the full length versions:

I love to talk about natural childbirth! My first baby boy was 10 lb. 6 oz. and I'm convinced I could not have pushed him out if I had had any drugs. It was a tough birth, but I did it with lots of support of encouragement from my midwife and husband! Unfortunately, I had an episiotomy and lots of tearing. It took incredibly long to heal, and though maybe it was one of those rare births that "requires" episiotomy, I was determined not to have one the second time. Happily, I got my wish! My 9 lb. 13 oz. baby boy was born naturally and with no epi, though in a hospital again due to his large size and potential complications. (Furthermore, I am in a developing country where homebirth is illegal -sad, huh?-, so there are no qualified midwives, and I am about 45 minutes away from the hospital.)

For this baby, I have considered an unassisted childbirth at home, though I am definitely undecided. I aspire to be a midwife one day, and so maybe if my husband studies up with some of my books, we'll try it. Just waiting to see how big this belly gets...and what position he/she is in when it is time! I would be okay with another hospital birth, so long as my DH and I can be left mostly alone to birth the way we want to.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you around the board!
Myah 8/11/06 (adopted 8/17/06)
Haleh 2/09/08

June 29th, 2007, 09:57 AM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
I will reintro. I don't have a lot to add to the boards yet. LOL I guess I am in between. I would love to do a natural childbirth. But I am one of the mommies who has had to have medical intervention and I can appreciate both sides of the coin. My doc and hubby support me totally and are both doing everything in their power to help me to have the birth I want. That also means that I trust them to do what is best for baby and I as well. I am truly blessed! I am enjoying reading and responding where I can. I'm not intentionally lurking! I promise!

July 3rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
home4mygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi All! I'm not actually a lurker, because this is my first time on this board, although I do have a tendencey to read and not respond on other boards, so I figured this applied to me!
My name is Emma and I had a home birth with dd, who will be two next month. I plan on having another home birth with this one as well, which is due at the end of February. My mom was a midwife while I was growing up, so I absolutely can't imagine doing it any other way. I had a long, hard labor with Trinity, but I still wouldn't have wanted to do it in a hospital. They terrify me.
Anyway, I'm so glad to meet you all and I look forward to posting here a lot!
Everyone have a GREAT day!

"We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents, or the country of our birth. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live." Joseph Epstein
July 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if you would consider me a lurker or not... I don't post a ton, but I do post some.

I'm Tiffany... I have a one year old daughter and am pregnant with #2... due July 22nd. Labor with my daughter was induced, and I did have one shot of Nubain or Stadol (I can never remember) but it didn't seem to do anything to augment labor... and 5 hours later, I definitely felt every pain in giving birth!! I plan to have this baby naturally.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search