Another Checkin

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 07:56 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
How are all my lovely beautiful pregnant women doing today?! We havent had a check in for you in a while and I would love to hear how you are all getting along! How far are you away from your due date? How are you eating? Exercising? Are you getting excited?! Cant wait to hear from you all!

</div>
June 6th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm 38 weeks and still pregnant after 5 weeks on bedrest due to PTL. VERY frustrating to say the least. I had my dd at 36 weeks, so this is a new ballgame for me. As of Monday, dialated to a 3 and 75% effaced and NOTHING else is going on. I'm ornery and so swollen it's sick, but my BP is normal.

I have no appetite at all, and whatever I do eat comes right back out... I've lost my plug, all day Friday, a bit on Saturday, and all day again yesterday and it's been tinged the whole time. My contractions were constant and consistent while on bedrest and have been NOTHING since they took me off, and the few times they've gotten consistent, they go away as soon as I go to bed. I'm just irritated, plain and simple.

We're walking, having sex, taking EPO both ways, and nothing...
June 6th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
lets see as of today I'm 39w 2 days I believe, so we're just waiting... hopefully this baby will make her appearance soon! I certainly wish she would.

Although I have to say I'm glad she didn't come this weekend! Not only was it chock-full of family events, but it was 100 degrees everyday and I was not relishing the idea of getting into a birthing tub of the same temperature!

I've been going walking when I feel up for it, but mostly I just sit around wishing...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 6th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Ms.Michelle
I get to meet my OB today.
June 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
Checkin in! I'm currently one day OVERDUE! Bleh! I spent the day cleaning out our RV. I am SO SO tired. Not like sleepy tired just physically worn out of being pregnant. Things are coming along though so I'm just trying to be patient waiting for this little baby boy!

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
June 6th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 23 weeks now. I am mostly a lurker, going for a VBAC. Doing great.

BTW to the PP, you are not actually overdue until 42 weeks. I had my daughter at 42w2ds (by ER c/s due to induction stress and trauma).

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

June 6th, 2007, 02:36 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
I'm 8 weeks and 3 days ! I was seeing an OB but switched to a midwife who I will see or the first time this Thursday ( tomorrow ! ) , I am going to see what she has to say about my chances for a VBAC ect , and then if it all sounds good I will start talking to another midwife who does home births here , so I may be having a home birth !!! I am still trying to find a doula too .

So far I am not getting the calcium I need , and I need a bit more too cause I am still breast feeding an almost 3 year old , I am also not getting the water I need mostly cause I HATE plain water ! I REALLY need to work on those two things . I am nauseous all the time , really tried and find it very easy to over do it , having allot of those pulling stretching pains from a growing baby and can not get rid of this nasty taste in my mouth for anything , but I am loving it all lol , I really had an easy pregnancy with my first so I knew it would all catch up with me the 2nd time around and I'm fine with it , it all means another beautiful baby and that's fine with me !

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

June 6th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am almost 24 weeks and enjoying the second trimester to its fullest! I have my last pre-natal with my family Dr next week and then the week after I am moving to TX and will get a chance to meet my midwife there and make sure it's as good of a fit as it has seemed via email communication. We are planning a home birth and I'm really looking forward to that. I am also going to start seeing a chiropractor to hopefully get this baby head down as my last two were breech and I had external versions with them. I know that in a few weeks I'll probably have a harder time sleeping and not feel as well so I'm really savoring this time
June 6th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Super Mommy
I'm 19 weeks and feeling really good. We are also planning a homebirth and both DH and I are excited about that. I've been feeling baby move for the last 3 weeks or so which is by far my favorite part of pregnancy. I'm finally starting to look more pregnant than chubby, that makes me happy too. My hips have started to get a bit sore if I walk more than about 2 miles, so I'm guessing that its time to cut back a little bit. I can't wait to hear the birthstories from all of you who are much closer to your due dates.

June 7th, 2007, 10:49 AM
matilda_z's Avatar Member
I'm just a little bit pregnant. Due February 12, 2008.

It's our second. The first was a midwife assisted, unmedicated birth at the hospital and we showed up just before transition and left two hours after to thebirth. I'm planning a homebirth this time around. After going through it once, I'm very excited to be doing it all again!

My first appointment with my midwife is July 9th.

Jenny

June 7th, 2007, 11:28 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doing okay over here. I've gotten to the persistently tired, uncomfortable stage. Very tired of going to work. SIGH.

Just excited to be nearing the end, God-willing. I want to hold my baby and snuggle him.

June 7th, 2007, 03:12 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
32 weeks, 2 days today.... I'm feeling good, but caring for an infant (she'll be one on the 22nd of this month) and being pregnant is taxing! I get pretty tired easily.

I'm eating well... my mom is on Weight Watchers, so I'm cooking from her Weight Watcher cookbook (though definitely not depriving myself of needed calories/nutrition) and drinking lots of milk and water!! I'm not trying to lose weight, but I figured if I would start on eating the right foods now, it'll be easier once Sebastian is born (I'll need to lose about 70 lbs).

Everything is going well here! I'm so excited about everything right now -- I just can't WAIT! I've been nesting, which has been apparent by my total overhaul of the kids' room. We should be getting our bassinet from the in-laws' when we go over there for Emilee's birthday party (on the 23rd).

July 15th, 2007, 02:08 AM
hotstuff2u's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm 24 weeks and with this terrible insomnia, my OB said that it was too early for it the last time she saw me, this was 2 1/2 weeks ago, specially because I never suffered from it before. The last time I was pregnant I had it on my last week before the baby was born.
Also I'm having troubles with weight, I gained 10lbs in one month (we went on a 7 day cruise) and the OB gave me hard time and told me not to repeat this again next month, this was June 25th, she schedule my next appointment for August 6th, and on July 4th I had gained 2lbs 4oz, and today I weighted myself again and I weight 180lbs 6 oz. I was 155 lbs before I got pregnant. I still have 22 days to go t'ill next appointment, and already gained 4lbs 10oz....I've been walking alot on weekends, but the more I walk the hungryer I get.
Help...what to do???

July 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
26 weeks exactly (tomorrow--Monday)

I am doing well. I have a history of ptl (with Belle starting at about 20 weeks & with Ry I had a cerclage at 13 weeks as I was 75% effaced and almost 2 cm dilated) so I cannot have midwives. But my history with Ryllan and the obs was great for a natural labor/delivery. I am on partial bedrest. No lifting, sex, nipple stim, org....and I have to lay down in the afternoon. My cervix is being checked weekly because of my incompetent cervix history--I could not tell it was dilating at all. And it was holding up fine until 24 weeks. It is effacing now, but that is not too worrisome in and of itself but given my history my obs have me doing the partial bedrest and wearing a maternity belt as well. I have another appointment tomorrow (Monday) at 2:30. And I hope my cervix hasn't changed at all. 24-25 weeks was great...no more cervical change.

I am not exercising any more, but was walking and swimming often up until 24 weeks. But exercise is not recommended now. Although I think I could still go swimming...I will ask tomorrow.

I am eating well. I have always been a healthy eater. So I am doing well in that area.

I have gained 13 pounds as of my 25 week appointment. I was gaining quite slowly to start, but of course it is picking up now. And I am expecting it to pick up even more during my last trimester (only one more week until I am in my 3rd trimester!!!!).

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

July 16th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
I'm 24 weeks and with this terrible insomnia, my OB said that it was too early for it the last time she saw me, this was 2 1/2 weeks ago, specially because I never suffered from it before. The last time I was pregnant I had it on my last week before the baby was born.
Also I'm having troubles with weight, I gained 10lbs in one month (we went on a 7 day cruise) and the OB gave me hard time and told me not to repeat this again next month, this was June 25th, she schedule my next appointment for August 6th, and on July 4th I had gained 2lbs 4oz, and today I weighted myself again and I weight 180lbs 6 oz. I was 155 lbs before I got pregnant. I still have 22 days to go t'ill next appointment, and already gained 4lbs 10oz....I've been walking alot on weekends, but the more I walk the hungryer I get.
Help...what to do???[/b]
(About the weight) If you know you're healthy, don't fall into the idea you have to gain such and such weight by such and such date. The doctors have their standard yet everyone will tell you every woman and every pregnancy is different.

I wish I had something to offer you about the sleeping.. I would just recommend napping when you can for now. Hopefully someone will have some better advice to offer you.

Hang in there.
July 16th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Veteran
I'm 16 weeks and 1-3 days, but I don't look at all pregnant. I walk a LOT because I'm a grad student and need to cross campus 4-6 times per day. I jog on a treadmill (so I can monitor my heartrate) about once a week.

Today I had a VERY sharp pain in my left side when I stood up to answer the office phone. It hurt so bad I couldn't stand up straight. I called the OB office but they said not to worry unless it happened more than once. Is this normal? I've been having a lot of stretching pains lately, but my OB said that was normal at my last visit. I'll probably stay home tomorrow just in case. Hopefully it is just my body finally deciding to look pregnant!

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" --Joshua 24:15
@-'--,--'------</div>
July 16th, 2007, 01:13 PM
hotstuff2u's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Help...what to do???[/b]
(About the weight) If you know you're healthy, don't fall into the idea you have to gain such and such weight by such and such date. The doctors have their standard yet everyone will tell you every woman and every pregnancy is different.

I wish I had something to offer you about the sleeping.. I would just recommend napping when you can for now. Hopefully someone will have some better advice to offer you.

Hang in there.
[/b]
Thanks so much for your reply.
It is just annoying to go for the appointment and get the nurse and doctor giving me a hard time about it.

July 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
mylittlemonsters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mylittlemonsters
I'm 35+ weeks. Doing well. Not sure what position the baby is in, but not worried yet either. Things are going well. I am both excited and anxious. I could have this baby in 2 weeks or 7 weeks. 2 weeks seems so soon, but 7 is a ways away yet. I figured baby will get here when he or she gets here. I am due Aug 16th.

July 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Quote:
I'm 35+ weeks. Doing well. Not sure what position the baby is in, but not worried yet either. Things are going well. I am both excited and anxious. I could have this baby in 2 weeks or 7 weeks. 2 weeks seems so soon, but 7 is a ways away yet. I figured baby will get here when he or she gets here. I am due Aug 16th.[/b]

Hey your due on my anniversary ! And your siggy keeps freaking me out too , your oldest girl looks so much like pic's of my older sis when she was younger , and the lil boy next to her if he had a perfectly round face would look allot like my older brothers pic's when he was younger too lol .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

July 17th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Tofu Bacon
I'm just a few days shy of 16 weeks. Nothing exciting to report yet, since the big ultrasound isn't for another month. One big difference I've noticed with this pregnancy is the weight gain has been slower; I've only gained about 3 or 4 pounds, but with ds I gained at least 12 pounds by this point... but my bump is the same size as with ds at this point .

We started house hunting (again), so that's kind of stressful because dh and I have completely different ideas about what we are looking for. He wants an actual house but I'd rather have a condo. They end up costing about the same but a condo in our price-range would be pretty big, while the only houses under a quarter of a million $ are tiny little cottages that we will not even be able to move into without doing major renovations. Sorry, but if we can barely make a mortgage and taxes there is no way we can afford to do 50k worth of construction. He doesn't want a condo because he thinks its "too much like an apartment," but I tell ya, they are gorgeous! I can see where he's coming from (since we've been in an apartment for over 7 years) but at the same time a condo will give us plenty of room and they sell pretty quickly in a seller's market if we want to step up to a house later on down the line. The good news though is that it has FINALLY shifted to a buyer's market! We gave up on home ownership years ago because the prices just kept getting higher and higher. They're still not where they need to be, but its getting there. The plan is to move after the baby is born so we're not shopping with a gun to our head and rushing to move righ around when I am due. Oh and we can now qualify for one of the FHA mortgages! We tried a few years ago but didn't qualify because our income was "too high" when I was working. That works out great because there is no way we can come up with over 30K for the downpaymet and closing. Isn't it funny how we are now "poor enough" for home ownership?! That cracks me up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search