How far into your pregnancy

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 08:04 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
How far into your pregnancy did you decide that you wanted to have a natural birth? Or did you know far before you were ever pregnant?

</div>
June 6th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I decided pretty much immediately after finding out we were pregnant. I never really thought that much about it before but just knew natural was the way for me. I hope I can do it!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

June 6th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With DD, as soon as I found out... This time, I've planned on it since before he was conceived.
June 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
with my first... fairly soon, a few months in. Been planning to go natural with this one since before conception.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Ms.Michelle
In theory, I knew it right away. It wasn't until after I read my hypnobirthing book that I *knew* I could do it.

Does that make sense to anyone other than me?
June 6th, 2007, 01:45 PM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
I've pretty much known since I got pregnant. It just seemed right?

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
June 6th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I knew before I got pregnant with this baby that I wanted a natural birth. With my first two I really didn't think much about it and had epidurals with both. My last pregnancy I did a lot more research and really prepared for a natural birth. My daughter was breech and even though they turned her via an external version she refused to stay head down, turning transverse soon afterwards! I ended up having an induction after then got her back head down and I labored for a long time on pitocin before finally getting an epidural. Since then I did a LOT more reading, and decided that I wanted to go a much more natural route and either have a home birth or in a birth center. I can't really explain it, I just have a very strong desire to have a truly natural birth, and DH and I are both excited to have a home birth, without IVs, no pitocin, nobody monitoring my progress to make sure I'm dilating fast enough

June 7th, 2007, 05:34 AM
*Aspen*
I knew far before I was ever pregnant. I would watch A Baby Story, Make Room for Baby, Birthday....all those, and I learned so much about how repetetive births are that end in c-section or other stuff that I just assumed must not possibly be good for mom and baby. As soon as I got a BFP, I went to forums and online, and that is really where I learned the bulk of all of what I know now. (Well, I also got books, but not until I was 7mths).
June 7th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Veteran
Definitely before I got pregnant!

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-

June 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pretty much knew from the get-go that I wanted a natural birth.

June 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM
AnnieP1970's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnieP1970 Send a message via MSN to AnnieP1970 Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieP1970
I did natural with my first 3 and it's just something that I knew that I wanted to do. I was a little nervous the first time but after that I knew I wanted to have natural births. I've seen some of those shows and watched them put in epidurals and well.. no thanks...
June 9th, 2007, 10:53 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Ever since I made it all the way to 8 cm dialated with my first son and let the nurse talk me into an epidural that stopped my labor for FIVE HOURS, made me itchy, and unable to push when the time finally came. I knew I'd never go through that agin and there had to be a better, happier, calmer way to birth...
#12 is on the way
June 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
my husband explained the benefits and risks of natural childbirth and medicated childbirth soon after I got pregnant, not sure but I think he started researching it online. We made the decision taht we both wanted me to go natural, and then we took bradley birthing classes later in pregnancy. with the other pregnancies, I was sure before I got pregnant that I wanted to go natural.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

June 9th, 2007, 12:06 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
After my first birth where I was not educated at all and things went where they shouldn't have I knew that the next time I got pregnant I would arm myself with knowledge and take charge of things the next time around , so I pretty much knew from then that I would go natural .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

June 9th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first child 10 years ago at the particular hospital that I was in, it was just the way it was done.
Sad thing is that Hospital had the lowest C-section of the larger hospitals in the city & wouldn't you know it?? They closed it's maternity section years ago
After child no.1's birth I was hooked No medicated/controlled birthing for me

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
sara*beth's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sara*beth
I figured I would go all natural immediately after giving birth to my DD...I realized that I pretty much did it all by myself and I just knew I could do the next one naturally.

June 10th, 2007, 12:24 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never wanted to put anything unnatural into my baby's body

June 10th, 2007, 08:57 AM
mylittlemonsters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mylittlemonsters
After my first birth and I had an epidural and my daughter ended up in the NICU because of the reaction she had to it. I had decided that I would never risk that for another child.

Now natural is all I will do and we are considering a home birth this time, with #5.
June 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I knew immediately after giving birth to my daughter. I had pitocin-induced labor with her, though, and one shot of Nubain (I think... I don't remember). I knew that if I could do it under those conditions, I could do it on my own with no meds!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search