Video taping or photos

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 08:05 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Did you video tape or take photos of your birth? If you havent had your baby yet, do you plan to? If so, who is doing it?

</div>
June 6th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
my mom taped my first. I didn't really want her to, but she insisted with the logic that then it's THERE should I change my mind and it can always be destroyed if I really didn't want it.

I have to say it was pretty cool to watch. Didn't really freak me out or anything, although it IS very graphic it's definitely the "money shot" but still kinda cool

I'd like this one taped as well, I figure it will be less graphic at least!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 6th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Ms.Michelle
I don't know what to do here. There is a piece of me that wants to do it because I want to show myself it can be done. Dh wants to do it because he wants the hypnobirthing lady to update her videos! Isn't there supposed to be a sentimental reason to do it?
June 6th, 2007, 01:47 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
It doesnt take long until you cant even remember exactly what it was like when your baby was born, when they were an infant.... As they grow up, it gets harder and harder to imagine them as anything than what they are RIGHT NOW. Thats why I like my photos. I nearly tear up everytime I look at them. I just think "Oh my, I cant believe she was so tiny" Its so heartwarming. Its not the same for everyone, but like Kelli said: at least you HAVE it, if you have it and still decide you dont want it you can get rid of it but if you dont get it while the birth is happening then you never get the chance again. Its easier to just DO it, and make up your mind if you want to keep it or not, than to not do it and wish that you had.

</div>
June 6th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have pictures of during labor and right after birth, but not the delivery. I haven't done a video with any of my births. DH and I are both photographers so it's second nature to have the camera there. If my Mom is able to be at the delivery I may have DH take more pictures but hes hoping to be able to help deliver the baby this time so we'll probably end up with labor and then right after delivery shots. I love the brand new pictures of my babies, they are so heartwarming to look back on, especially now that my "baby" is about to turn 8!
June 7th, 2007, 05:33 AM
*Aspen*
I did it (not really any shots of her coming out though) more because I've NEVER seen a baby be born before and I didn't know what it looked like. There wasn't any senti-mental reasons for me......but now when I watch it. I'm so so SO happy that we taped it and I can't wait to get "the nitty gritty" with number two
July 15th, 2007, 02:11 AM
hotstuff2u's Avatar Super Mommy
We didn't tape or take photos until the babies were out.
This time we will not be taping either because the new law here that the hospitals are not allowing it any longer, but maybe we will take some photos, my DH is ussually busy helping out with labor and delivery so he can't take the photos most of the time.

July 15th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Veteran
We didn't video any of our others, hospital wouldn't allow it. (which is BS. The only reason they won't is because they don't want you to have EVIDENCE if they do something wrong and you sue them later. So don't screw up, I say!) Anyway, we're having a homebirth this time and I think we might tape it. I don't really want anyone else watching it, but I would like to go back and watch it. I'm always so caught up in the event, I think it would be interesting to go back and see it objectively.

July 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish we'd vidoed her first cries, and DH cutting the cord. Not the actual birth but those first few moments. We plan on doing that with the next one.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 16th, 2007, 07:48 PM
CBMS
I have wanted mine videoed each time, but it was against policy. That's just one more thing I *love* about my birth center! I am definitely having this one taped!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search