The gross parts...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2007, 09:34 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Okay, we always talk about the beautiful parts of labor and childbirth. How would you feel about sharing your yucky parts of labor? Poop? Puke? Did you do it?

</div>
June 11th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
well, I puked during transition... pretty much all water though, so not too gross...

no pooping, but I did get HORRIFIC hemorrhoids that were caught on video!

And I got the worst shakes right after she was born and freaked out cause I couldn't stop shaking long enough to move my foot that was sitting in a puddle of GOO! eww

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Ms.Michelle
I seen the best natural labour where baby was crowning, and mom's waterbroke with DH hiding for cover! Just thinking about it cracks me up!
June 11th, 2007, 10:24 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Never got sick....except after my c-section. That was the worst birth ever!!! I didn't get to hold my son until he was almost 24 hours old because I was having projectile vomiting after the surgery. I felt so bad and then the nurse was like "time to move you....on to the elevator". Dumb move!!!!!!!!

All my natural births have been wonderful really....my first home birth (birth directly after my c/s) I did lose way too much blood, the MW's had to give me a shot of pit and I almost passed out. But trust and believe I'd rather have that then ever go through a section again!!
#12 is on the way
June 12th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I never pooped during delivery with either one. My body cleans itself out with diarrhea beforehand. With my natural birth I was having diarrhea in the hospital bathroom while having contractions- I will tell you, THAT was interesting! I have never thrown up during labor. Maybe that is why I see the beautiful part about labor, because nothing was really all that "yucky"

I guess except the excessive bleeding with both births.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

June 12th, 2007, 10:34 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
With my middle son the nurse told me I had pee'd, thanks a lot for telling me, and I don't know about my first or third. Hubby said he didn't notice anything.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

June 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Yola, he is just adorable!

With my first birth, I watched in a mirror... There was a little bit of poo

With my second there wasnt, but as he was crowning I puked into my pillow a little. It was just water, but still kinda gross. The even more GROSS part is that I immediately forgot that I had puked there and I laid right down in it. Good thing I took a bath soon!

</div>
June 12th, 2007, 03:38 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I threw up about 3 times during labor, but I was walking, so I used a garbage can. It was almost all water anyway, since I hadn't had much of an appetite the night before. And I am pretty sure it helped me dilate. I didn't poo, but ofter my water broke there were pieces of membrane that kept coming out into the water. My midwife just fished them out of the tub with a net. And then there are the clots after birth. The big ones are gross.

June 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never puked or pooped. I did tear a little, though, but that's only because I was so anxious to get her out!! I think I'll probably be more relaxed this time around.

June 13th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
i pooped during my last birth. It was unassisted (unplanned) and was an hour and 15 minutes long. I ran from the living room yelling "she's coming! she's coming" after Id had a pushing contraction that totally took me by surprise, and I jumped in the tub and crowned a baby. It was really fast. Im not surprised my body didnt ahve time to clean out. My DH just grabbed some TP and took it out and supported her head and I pushed the rest of her body out. It was really no big deal, not even to him.

No pukin in labor so far for me either.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

June 13th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
double post

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

June 14th, 2007, 07:05 AM
*Aspen*
I bled a lot in labor, so the tub had to be refilled over and over (I got a blood clot on the carpet in our old apartment shhh don't tell!).

The ONLY thing that I hate/disliked about labor/pregnancy/postpartum was the hemmrhoids.

I HATE HEMMRHOIDS! It's the only thing that makes me scared for labor on number two, but am going to do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE in my power to avoid getting hemm's and tearing next time. I tore 3 ways this time, but it was totally my fault due to a number of reasons and I knew I was going to tear anyway so I wasn't surprised. I just hated the stitches healing....they itched so bad I couldn't fall asleep from it. The baby never kept me awake, but the hemm's and the stitches sure as heck did.
June 14th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first I was induced and had Stadol, and I puked all over the bed. The nasty part was that I hadn't eaten or drank anything in about 18 hours, so it was neon green bile and stomach acid. DH nearly died.

With my second, I swear I pooped--I never got the diarrhea clean-out that some women get. The nurses told me I wasn't pooping, and I guess it could have been hemorroids, but it felt like No. 2.

One other nasty thing that happened with DS was that as they were taking the bed apart so I could start pushing, I was sitting up and moving around and there was this huge bloody stringy clump of something in the bed right under me. Somehow it got all over my socks and the nurse started laughing and took my socks off and threw them away. Thanks, but I would have appreciated her NOT laughing about it.

I also remember with DS that there was blood splattered everywhere when I got up to use the bathroom after the delivery. Even after they changed the bedding there were still blood splatters all over the floor. That's the main reason I don't want my kids in the room this time around.

July 15th, 2007, 01:39 AM
hotstuff2u's Avatar Super Mommy
With my 1st one after I got to the recovery room and took an hour nap I woke up with the nurse checking on me and I decided I wanted to go to the bathroom, when I got up and put my feet on the floor there was all this blood running down my legs and making this puddle at my feet, now mind you I can't see blood, so I got really dizzy, the nurse helped me to the bathroom and when I sat on the potty I hit my forehead on the sink. Outch
With the 2nd one about 15 minutes before she was born I had the urge to go #2 so I went potty, did my business and when it was time to get up I couldn't, a contraction would come and I would have to sit down again, 10 minutes went by and DH finally knocked on the door to find out if I was ok, I said I was fine and decided to get up anyways, went to lay in bed, 2 more contractions and her head was out.
all the time before that I was passing so much gas that was terribly embarassing.
Can't wait to see what happens with #3...

July 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I shivered through transition and couldn't get warm. I also threw up and I hate doing that. Although the worst part was actually the day before I had her. My water broke in the morning and dribbled on and off all day. If I moved in a certain way it would make it worse and even though I was wearing a pad, the feeling was ewwww. Same when my plug started to come away, the feel of it was just ewwww.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search