Doctor recommends homebirth

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
I went to this new OB who turned out to be the head of the dept at his hospital. I asked him if I could give birth in the birthing center and he recommended a home birth. He said I needed to be out of the hospital and even gave me a number to call. He said things don't go wrong very often with a home birth and the hospital is 7 blocks away anyway. I did ask to speak to his midwife but apparently, they have very strict rules about the birthing center - I have to have all my tests and be a very low risk pregnancy. I did turn down the GD test for now. His midwife is going to call me sometime this week. I am very conflicted now - a homebirth does appeal but I am worried if the baby is breach (as it is now) or if the baby or I face an emergency, will it be too late to get to the hospital?[/b]
Awesome OB!

breech babies can be born vaginally! However, you'll likely prefer to avoid it all together.. Here's a source for you and also try spinningbabies.com (Babies can turn the day of too.)

Also, you are close to the hospital. Knowing that and having a number as backup will help ease your fears. Talk to your midwife/ob about your fears and I'm sure they'll help you.
June 11th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am planning a homebirth and have a history of breech babies. I would meet with your midwife and she should be able to answer all of your questions. It sounds like it would be a great option for you, and you are very close to the hospital if you needed a (very unlikely) transfer! Good luck with your decision!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search