Missing your birth

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2007, 04:13 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Might be a strange question but its something that has crossed my mind several times since I had my son. I miss my birth. I felt some 'pain' and it wasnt 'easy' but it was such a wonderful experience that I find myself wishing I could relive it.

So, do you ever miss your birth experience?

</div>
June 14th, 2007, 04:42 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yeah...thats why I keep doing it over and over agin. LOL
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
June 14th, 2007, 05:22 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I missed not having a vaginal birth, but I wouldn't say I miss what labor I did have. Probably if I was lucky enough to only feel "some pain" I'd feel differently. I think I have a high pain threshold and I was ready for no drugs, but apparently it was so bad that I was screaming. I don't remember much... it's like I blacked out! That said, I might still try for another natural birth in the future.

June 14th, 2007, 06:25 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
I do , even with the 26 hours of labor ending in a c-section it was still in a strange way fun lol , I waited so long to be there doing that and it was painful yes , hard yes but great ( even though it turned out nothing like I wanted ) . I can't wait to do it all over again with this lil one , a lil differently though !

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

June 14th, 2007, 07:01 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I miss being pregnant, I miss labor and birth. It was great!

June 14th, 2007, 08:09 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No way!!! I wish you all could birth my babies for me.... my labor was fast and way too intense....
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
June 14th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not really, all my birth experiences have been individual & different.
I've enjoyed labour & birth, but don't want to relive any of it again

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
June 15th, 2007, 01:38 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do some days

June 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
MaMaTuTu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES! I do!! I loved my birth, even though it was painful. I actually enjoy watching the video, too. I haven't done it since shewas first born though. Believe it or not, watching it makes me want to do it again(as in have another). And we really can't afford that right now, so I have to try and stay away from it!

YES! I do!! I loved my birth, even though it was painful. I actually enjoy watching the video, too. I haven't done it since shewas first born though. Believe it or not, watching it makes me want to do it again(as in have another). And we really can't afford that right now, so I have to try and stay away from it!

Mommy to:
O(8/9/05)
K(2/27/07)
"Beanie"(EDD 12/18/08)
Tube bean missing since 12/1/07
June 15th, 2007, 04:16 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Might be a strange question but its something that has crossed my mind several times since I had my son. I miss my birth. I felt some 'pain' and it wasnt 'easy' but it was such a wonderful experience that I find myself wishing I could relive it.

So, do you ever miss your birth experience?[/b]
Yes, very much so. It was a wonderful time to see the power and strength that I have within me. I felt giddy most of the time, and elated once she was born. I was on a high from the time I started labor until 2 days after Kailey was born......I loved every minute of it.
June 16th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
Quote:
Yeah...thats why I keep doing it over and over agin. LOL[/b]

Same here. My births are great and the birth of my second was beyond perfect.

June 16th, 2007, 11:58 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved my birth experience with my daughter.... though I am doing a few things differently this time around. I can't wait... I am excited about the whole birth process!

June 17th, 2007, 09:12 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved my son's birth and I replay it in my head a lot, especially now that I'm getting close to doing it all again. I don't want to relive his birth because that was a special time with him but I'm excited for the birth of my second son and see how similar/different it will be.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

June 19th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, absolutely!! I still like to relive my birth over and over again in my head. I don't do that with my first medicalized birth. Which doesn't make one daughter any more special than another, the births were just better. I get jealous of all of the mommy's I know that are pregnant and going to give birth. Dh and I want more kids anyway, but so many times I think "What if I wasn't ever able to have anymore??" I want to experience it at least one more time! It is just so surreal!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search