Ugh, not again

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
He is being investigated and he has multiple lawsuits, but since he is one of 3 OBGYNS in this medium city, he still gets tons of business. When I lived there, I REFUSED to see him. I found a midwife. He takes every medicaid person in the city that he can. The girl I was talking about had a sister that was with him. Her water broke and she was verging on pre-e, but they talked her into a c/s because the baby could die soon. He is such a liar. I had another friend that was high risk and pre-e, he dropped her, she wound up going blind from toxemia (tempoarily) because he wouldn't see her, her never told her and she was trying to find another OB but nobody was accepting patients. Her baby was born 2 lbs 5 ozs Feb 16 and she finally got to bring him home a week ago. I have heard other stories from friends' friends. I COULD NOT believe these women and girls STILL went to him after they knew about all this.[/b]

Quote:
Oh, and my daughter was almost two weeks "overdue" and only weighed 7'5. Can you imagine if I'd been induced at 39 weeks?? Calculate 1/2 lb for about 3 weeks and she'd be 5-something and probably in the nicu. [/b]
i'm so glad you get it. You understand that DD are estimated only, not fact.
June 25th, 2007, 12:38 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i'm so glad you get it. You understand that DD are estimated only, not fact.[/b]

No doubt! It's called an ESTIMATED due date for a reason. For some reason that fact seems to escape alot of people.

June 25th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
i'm so glad you get it. You understand that DD are estimated only, not fact.[/b]

No doubt! It's called an ESTIMATED due date for a reason. For some reason that fact seems to escape alot of people.
[/b]
Lol, that is so true, some babies bake longer than others

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

June 26th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
**UPDATE** The mommy had her baby last Saturday!! NO INDUCTION! Her Dh is so funny, he had her skipping backwards two days in a row trying to get labor started. He said it worked. lol She went to 41 weeks and guess what? Her baby boy was 7 lbs 2 oz. He was little! If she had been induced like my neighbor said her doctor demands he would have been only 5 lbs. She is up and about and was so sweet. All of us mommies were together, but because of everyone's reactions last time she pulls me to the side and says "Guess what? I had him in the tub!" She wasn't allowed to and didn't plan on it. She went into labor at 11:00 pm, it took them an HOUR to get her in a room so she walked the halls, she said it was fine, she needed to anyway. Then she got in the water at 12:30 and said it felt SO good! She labored in there until 1:00 am and then told her Dh to call in the nurse, the baby was coming. They freaked out, draining the water, wanting to move her. She said "You can't move me, the babies head is out!" They drain the water after he crowns- and get this, they even accuse her that even though they have a no water birth policy that she planned this all along. Ummm,... do they not know anything? When the baby is crowing, you can't get out! Her water also never broke. He was born in his bag of waters. This is her last one, but she told me "Now I can see why women have them in the water. It was SO wonderful and the burning was so much less." It just really makes me want one now. Hopefully next time I will have insurance that covers a birth center so I can have a water birth. Anyway, just wanted you all to know it all went well. No induction, small baby (big surprise) and healthy and happy natural childbirth.[/b]
What a beautiful and happy ending!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search