I want to thank you all and also a question about VBAC

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies.

I want to thank you all for the info you shared with me about natural childbirth and all the resources and encouragement you gave.

As most of you know, I was very much pro-natural childbirth. My significant other however was not. Me being the man I gave the information and passed it along. She didn't always appreciate it. She told me I was I trying to scare her. Rejected some of the stuff I said as hippie crap.

Needless to say, we had our son on 5/30 but it wasn't the birth we'd hoped for at all! She was induced, her cervix never opened up more than 2 cm (and this was after cytotec and a mechanical device inserted in the cervix!) and they said baby's heartrate was dropping. So c-section it was. We were so sad. Even though my girlfriend wasn't natural birth crazy, she never wanted a c-section.

Anyway, I want to thank you again. Even though my gf is still not convinced on the natural childbirth, at least we both agreed that we won't ever induce again.

But I did want you all to help me with information on VBAC! We're not planning on having a baby for a while but I want to know how VBAC works and if any of you ladies had success with it.

I didn't post on this board for a while because I was disappointed about the way birth of our son had turned but in the end he's here, we love him and we're happy to have him.

My son, Cesar and I the first day after his birth.

Cesar sleeping at my parents' house.

Doesn't he look angry? LOL

Hospital pic.

I'm a proud father to a bouncing baby boy!
June 25th, 2007, 03:25 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Congrats on your baby boy!! He is absolutely adorable!!!!!

As far as VBAC's, they are very possible. I had one c/s with baby #4 and choose to have very successful HOME Vbac's with babies #5 and #6. I am also planning a homebirth with my baby due in August. Good luck!!
#12 is on the way
June 25th, 2007, 03:26 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear from you. Eventhough the birth didn't turn out the way you expected, be glad he is here and healthy! Sorry I can't answer the question about VBAC.

Chelci

June 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
I think you two look very similar He is an angel, thank you so much for sharing pictures with us! We love having you post here, please dont be afraid to chime in whenever you want! Its too bad that you and your SO dont see eye to eye about birth, but you did wonderfully! My DH was very supportive but still I have to sort of envy what your g/f has with you. He would have never sought out to learn these things on his own. I told him, asked him to read it, and he did and agreed. You wrapped yourself around all the info that you could, and you are a wonderful partner and father for that.

Ill be back around to reply to the VBAC stuff, but please check out the articles of interest subforum that we have, I believe there is some stuff in there

</div>
June 25th, 2007, 03:54 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the beautiful baby boy!

I had an emergency c-section so I understand the disappointment about not having the natural (or vaginal -- in your gf's case) birth you had anticipated. Come drop by the c-section forum and visit us for a while.

I don't know too much about VBACs yet. I will decide on what I want to do when the time comes. We're still several years away from thinking about our next, anyway, and if I think about it too much I will end up obsessing.

btw, I do know that the major risk of VBACs is uterine rupture, and your chances will increase with induction. There are some books out there about it that you might want to look into.

June 26th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww ~*Congratulations*~ he's gorgeous

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 26th, 2007, 08:26 AM
ashlynsmom's Avatar Veteran
Well, congratulations on your little boy! I was in the same situation with DD: I was induced and neither my body nor the baby were ready to come out. As a matter of fact,I NEVER progressed one single centimeter! So a c-section it was for me too.

So needless to say, I'm attempting a completely natural VBAC this time around. I've learned the hard way, that inductions are NOT wise when you're just "tired" of being pregnant. I used to feel guilty about trying to make my baby come out when she wasn't ready and then I made her go through the physical stress of a c-section. (and myself too.)

I highly recommend visitng www.ican-online.org and reading a great book called "The VBAC Companion."

June 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Ms.Michelle
^ Great start on the resources!

Quote:
I didn't post on this board for a while because I was disappointed about the way birth of our son had turned but in the end he's here, we love him and we're happy to have him.[/b]
I have been wondering how you are doing and I'm so stoked to see you post.. Those pics are adorable. You know, there is a part of birthing but especially c-sections that has depression attached to it. When all our power is taken away from us, it's easy to fall into that depression with all the chemical and hormonal changes you all go through as a family. If you post your disappointment here, it can help you "grieve" and just feel better. (It might help some other people too.) I'm so glad you came back!

Quote:
You wrapped yourself around all the info that you could, and you are a wonderful partner and father for that.[/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search