Met the new midwife today !

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Well it's looking good for me getting my natural VBAC , I am finally done with my OB's office and in with my new midwife , she was really nice and friendly .

About their practice , she works with two OB's which I will also see during my pregnancy but I will get to choose who I want to deliver my baby so of course will choose her , she is very comfortable with me trying for a VBAC ( still needs to see my OP report of course ) and in fact just delivered two VBAC's on the same night this past week . They have an 85% success rate with VBAC's and will NOT induce , I will have to go into labor on my own for a VBAC which is what I wanted anyway so it's nice to know that won't be an issue at all , it sounds like they try to keep them as natural as possible anyway which is great . They do U/S's at 20 and 30 weeks and have their own in office certified ultrasonograhper which is nice .

She was very nice as I said before and I feel pretty good about seeing her already , she was very positive about me still breastfeeding my lil boy and was really nice about him being there and in a rowdy mood too , she took him to go see those lil life size figures of babies by gestation so he could see how big the baby is now , they were cute ! I may have my choice of two hospitals now instead of just the one , it's just a matter of insurance now , I will try to find out for sure if the other would be an option for us money wise and will tour both to see which one I feel better about . We heard the heart beat for the 2nd time and it was good and strong at 160 , she did a quick exam and said everything felt right on track , she didn't do a pap or blood work ect cause I had already had it done and she would just get that copy of my records so she could check on those . All in all it went well and I left feeling allot better about things , now I just need to scrape some cash together for the doula I am hiring , figure out which hospital I am going with and start on that birth plan and I will be just about all set !

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

July 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! That's great! It's always a bonus to find a health provider who doesn't want to fight every darned thing that you want to do!

July 2nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
That is awesome!!! I am so glad that you have someone who will work with you!!!

Do you know when you will see the other docs? or how often? (sorry, curiosity as my doc just moved to a new practice )

July 2nd, 2007, 07:08 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She sounds wonderful!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
July 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Quote:
That is awesome!!! I am so glad that you have someone who will work with you!!!

Do you know when you will see the other docs? or how often? (sorry, curiosity as my doc just moved to a new practice )[/b]

From the way it sounded I will rotate from one to another until I get close to my due date then mostly see the one I choose to deliver me which I don't mind since I will still get to choose my delivering doc , but I have heard from others who have seen her as well that if I don't care for one of the OB's that I can ask to not see them anymore and they are pretty good about that , so I can work with that . The practice I was with for my first had a good few OB's ( 6 to 8 ? ) and I would mostly see mine until my last month I would start to see the others , but I didn't get to see but a few of them before I went into labor and the one who ended up doing my c-section was one of the ones I never saw , so this sounds much better then that lol .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

July 2nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great! I'm so glad you've found someone that you're comfortable with!
July 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Tofu Bacon
I'm so glad you like the new office!!
July 3rd, 2007, 07:28 AM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
Awesome! And thanks Rachel! BTW Hubby said my doc may not rotate me b/c of professional courtesy. (Hubby is a med student under his dad. lol)

July 3rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Ms.Michelle
Awesome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search