OMG! people are killing me

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay. I seriously think that I need to start only reading posts in my DDC that involve announcing the birth of a baby or that the poster is in labor because they are making me so freaking frustrated.

WHY are people complaining that their OB's refuse to induce them?

Example #1:
One person is complaining because her OB won't induce her at 38 weeks. She says that her body "doesn't go into labor" and so she needs to be induced. Her OB isn't buying it and is making her wait until she's post-term to induce. Oh, the horror!

Example #2:
This person is "measuring large" and the baby is like 8 lbs on the US (big whoop!) so she wants to be induced. The OB isn't concerned because the person isn't even at her EDD yet, plus she's closed, thick and high so there's really nothing to do but wait. The person is soooooooo upset that the OB wants her to go into labor on her own.

There are tons of these posts and they are just getting under my skin. I mean, Good Lord! Everyone knows that pregnancy is uncomfortable for most people. That's not really a good reason to try to rush the baby out. Do people not understand how fortunate they are to have OB's who don't want to interfere with nature? That's a HUGE BONUS.

Anyhow, thats the end of my rant for now. Carry on. LOL.

July 4th, 2007, 11:51 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
I hear ya, I hear ya! I cant believe those dr.s arent giving them the pitocin! Wow!

</div>
July 4th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Ms.Michelle
I AM SO GLAD WE ARE IN THE SAME DDC BECAUSE I READ THOSE TOO AND JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DH WHO SAID I BETTER NOT READ IN THERE ANYMORE!!

Quote:
Do people not understand how fortunate they are to have OB's who don't want to interfere with nature? That's a HUGE BONUS.[/b]
Oh man.. I was so happy to read the doctors that felt that way. I wish women understood the longer baby stays, the healthier baby will be.
July 4th, 2007, 12:14 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Quote:
Okay. I seriously think that I need to start only reading posts in my DDC that involve announcing the birth of a baby or that the poster is in labor because they are making me so freaking frustrated.

WHY are people complaining that their OB's refuse to induce them?

Example #1:
One person is complaining because her OB won't induce her at 38 weeks. She says that her body "doesn't go into labor" and so she needs to be induced. Her OB isn't buying it and is making her wait until she's post-term to induce. Oh, the horror!

Example #2:
This person is "measuring large" and the baby is like 8 lbs on the US (big whoop!) so she wants to be induced. The OB isn't concerned because the person isn't even at her EDD yet, plus she's closed, thick and high so there's really nothing to do but wait. The person is soooooooo upset that the OB wants her to go into labor on her own.

There are tons of these posts and they are just getting under my skin. I mean, Good Lord! Everyone knows that pregnancy is uncomfortable for most people. That's not really a good reason to try to rush the baby out. Do people not understand how fortunate they are to have OB's who don't want to interfere with nature? That's a HUGE BONUS.

Anyhow, thats the end of my rant for now. Carry on. LOL.[/b]

Lol I think I have read all those same posts while lurking around , and it sounds like a bunch of whiny lil kids ! I mean I can understand that comfort is all but gone for allot of these girls but still , put your baby first for goodness sakes , it's only a matter of one two MAYBE three weeks more ! I am just dreading when my DDC gets to that point lol .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

July 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Quote:
I AM SO GLAD WE ARE IN THE SAME DDC BECAUSE I READ THOSE TOO AND JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DH WHO SAID I BETTER NOT READ IN THERE ANYMORE!!

[/b]
LOL!

I don't even try to educate people because they don't want to hear it. It's a waste of my precious breath.

July 5th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto all of the above for me. I'm actually avoiding the DDC altogether because 1. I'm tired of hearing about people are getting induced or who really really want to be induced and 2. I'm tired of hearing about all the women who have actually gone into labor and gotten pitocin anyway. (plus I'm sick of being pregnant and it doesn't make me feel any better that "everyone else" is out of their misery and I'm still in constant terrible pain and unable to eat, sleep, walk or breathe--sorry about the whining.) I am so glad I switched doctors because my old doctor would have been pushing the pitocin on me by this point and despite the fact that I am miserable I WILL NOT be induced again.

July 5th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Ms.Michelle

I know this last part is hard and the last thing a person needs are those types of stories..

Hang in there girls, we're almost there.
July 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
i know, it saddens me to think taht 1/3 of the women in my DDC are likely to have c sections, as the rate is nearly 30 percent now (if you read BabyTalk magazine! LOL). And Im sure 9/10ths of them will be sure that they were necessary. And a few of them will be. But not most. And they will all be sure that their due date is an expiration date, and that since 38 weeks is term why wait till they go into labor because they are so uncomfortable... I could go on and on. *sigh*

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

July 5th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Tofu Bacon
Yes!!! My crystal ball tells me that its only a matter of months before my DDC starts talking about inducing early so they can claim their babies on their 2007 tax returns...
July 5th, 2007, 06:45 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Quote:
Yes!!! My crystal ball tells me that its only a matter of months before my DDC starts talking about inducing early so they can claim their babies on their 2007 tax returns...[/b]

Lol , oh God I hadn't even thought of that !

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

July 5th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
i know, it saddens me to think taht 1/3 of the women in my DDC are likely to have c sections, as the rate is nearly 30 percent now (if you read BabyTalk magazine! LOL). And Im sure 9/10ths of them will be sure that they were necessary. And a few of them will be. But not most. And they will all be sure that their due date is an expiration date, and that since 38 weeks is term why wait till they go into labor because they are so uncomfortable... I could go on and on. *sigh*[/b]
That's the worst part. Women who really think they were going to die but when you talk about getting up from the bed or eating, they have no idea what you're talking about.. So I know it feels 100% real to them, but I know so many women had unnecessary c-sections. I just had a gal in my DDC who really believed the doc about her uterus calcifying.. It's heartbreaking because to her, it's the end of the world, to me, it's not any reason to do a freaking c-section. Most women are just sheep in this process.
July 5th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
i know, it saddens me to think taht 1/3 of the women in my DDC are likely to have c sections, as the rate is nearly 30 percent now (if you read BabyTalk magazine! LOL). And Im sure 9/10ths of them will be sure that they were necessary. And a few of them will be. But not most. And they will all be sure that their due date is an expiration date, and that since 38 weeks is term why wait till they go into labor because they are so uncomfortable... I could go on and on. *sigh*[/b]
We are in the same DDC and it bothers me that they don't really care. I have been induced once because I was 42 weeks I wanted to go until I went into labor) and the doctor lead me to believe something was wrong with baby alyssa. Since then I realized he was a liar. I ended up with an ER c/s (after THREE days of induced labor and got to 9 cms, he had me PUSH TO EARLY) and I WILL NOT GO THRU ANY OF THAT AGAIN. I refuse to. I thought I knew what I was getting into and well, you really don't unless you actually experience it. I did and it is not something I recommend. People think I am nuts going for a VBAC, but I cannot stand the c/s rate. It is absolutely appalling. It is really rediculous how ignorant alot of women are. I can totally understand for TRUE medical reasons to be induced (not a 8 lb baby, please) and when I thought my DD was in danger, I was all for it, but that is not something I would WANT because I am uncomfortable. How selfish is that? I just can't tell you how many DRs lie and cover their ##### just to get baby delivered. I could just go on all night........ end of histeria.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

July 6th, 2007, 05:42 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
We are in the same DDC and it bothers me that they don't really care. I have been induced once because I was 42 weeks I wanted to go until I went into labor) and the doctor lead me to believe something was wrong with baby alyssa. Since then I realized he was a liar. I ended up with an ER c/s (after THREE days of induced labor and got to 9 cms, he had me PUSH TO EARLY) and I WILL NOT GO THRU ANY OF THAT AGAIN. I refuse to. I thought I knew what I was getting into and well, you really don't unless you actually experience it. I did and it is not something I recommend. People think I am nuts going for a VBAC, but I cannot stand the c/s rate. It is absolutely appalling. It is really rediculous how ignorant alot of women are. I can totally understand for TRUE medical reasons to be induced (not a 8 lb baby, please) and when I thought my DD was in danger, I was all for it, but that is not something I would WANT because I am uncomfortable. How selfish is that? I just can't tell you how many DRs lie and cover their ##### just to get baby delivered. I could just go on all night........ end of histeria.
[/b]
My c-section recovery was horrible, and I wouldn't want to see anyone else go through that. I was also told to push early before I was ready to in an attempt to make the baby turn. I wonder if I had been left alone would it have made a difference?

Did I ever tell you guys that my original ob has an induction rate of 95%? I would kill to have had these ob's that are making the women in your ddc wait.

July 6th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Yes!!! My crystal ball tells me that its only a matter of months before my DDC starts talking about inducing early so they can claim their babies on their 2007 tax returns...[/b]
I'm "due" December 28 and I actually hope that I'm "late" and give birth in 2008. If so, I may not be able to claim my baby in my 2007 tax return, but I'd be able to claim him/her on my 2026 tax return (when he/she turns 18 if I got the year wrong). Somehow I think after paying 18 years for a child, I'll need the extra deduction then more than now. But I know what you mean. Most people have trouble waiting for things.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" --Joshua 24:15
@-'--,--'------</div>
July 6th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
Did I ever tell you guys that my original ob has an induction rate of 95%? I would kill to have had these ob's that are making the women in your ddc wait.[/b]
OMG!
July 7th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Did I ever tell you guys that my original ob has an induction rate of 95%? I would kill to have had these ob's that are making the women in your ddc wait.[/b]
Sadly, I can believe it. The doula at the birthing center was telling me about a recent article in which an OB says "I induce everyone at 39 weeks." Nonchalant..no big deal. This person is a well-respected OB in the area too. To be fair though, he can only do that and be so candid about it because that's what so many women want.

July 7th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Veteran
My OB office has an intro class that everyone goes to. The nurse who taught the class said, "We don't overcook our babies." It bothered me at the time, but since this is my first and I wasn't far along, I didn't think to say anything. It will definitely be a topic I bring up at my appointment on Monday. I need to know if I need to switch offices. If anyone has any recommendations in the Atlanta area, let me know. I can't do a homebirth because of my medical history.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" --Joshua 24:15
@-'--,--'------</div>
July 7th, 2007, 06:33 PM
mylittlemonsters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mylittlemonsters
My ddc is the same way. So many of them are talking about their already scheduled c-sections. There are some pregnant with twins and the dr. wants to hold off on the c-section for a few more weeks and she is not happy about it. What ever happened to waiting till you go into labor to make a decision for a c-section, when they are truly only needed for emergencies, and should not be elective. I can't believe that anyone would want to rush their baby into the world and risk having them end up in the NICU. I just don't understand it.

I wish more and more women would educate themselves on the dangers of inductions and c-sections instead of listening to their dr. A dr. who just wants to cover his or her ##### and who wants to make his tee time and more money. Pregnancy, labor and delivery are a natural process not a medical condition. More women need to put their babies first, instead of their own comfort.
July 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
More women need to put their babies first, instead of their own comfort.[/b]
sing it sista!
July 7th, 2007, 08:41 PM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
WOW! I feel...shocked. I know it is frustrating. But sometimes these c-sections are needed. There is someone on another board, a good friend of my who already scheduled her section. She has a heart condition and lupis and labor is extremely dangerous for her. She and the baby are already at risk due to her disease.

Some of these women are informed. And are doing what is best for them and we don't always know everything behind their conditions. As for complaining...well they do have a right to complain. Pregnancy isn't a walk in the park. It is special, and wonderful, but it is also a pain in the butt at times! The doctor described symptoms of pregnancy to the third years at the medical school. He never mentioned what the lecture what about, just described the symptoms and then asked what it sounded like based on all the education that they had had so far. The unanimous answer...cancer. Yes, cancer! And he said, well you could be right. But I am actually describing a normal pregnancy. There was shock. Especially amung the six women who were pregnant!

As for the doctors. Not all docs are trying to make a "tee time" or "more money" Some of them might actually be doing what is best for their patients. It would be nice to say that every woman can have a home birth, or an unmedicated birth. But, they can't. Trust me. I did have a child who was to big. My pelvis just won't handle the large children that I am genetically inclined to have. And yes, I was induced because we knew that my second and third child would be too big for me. Going into seizures and having my baby get stuck and come out not breathing well wasn't an option that I wanted to entertain for a second or third time. But, this time we are going to try to go natural, because Thank God my baby is smaller this time.

I will step off my soap box now. I was just a little frustrated that these women, may of whom I am sure are educating themselves are being totally bashed and flamed for simply being frustrated and uncomfortable. If I offended anyone I am sorry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search