Advice in Atlanta

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Veteran
Hi, I'm Rose and I'm new to this board. I'm 15 weeks and I just learned from my OB that they induce at 41 weeks and he told me he thought the hospital's C-section rate was 35-40%. I did some quick online research and asked some friends and it seems all the hospitals in Atlanta are about the same. In fact, mine isn't nearly the worst. Does anyone know of a good OB/midwife office in Atlanta that has a lower induction/c-section rate than the hospital averages? My OB seemed to think the average was just fine. Thanks

~Rose

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" --Joshua 24:15
@-'--,--'------</div>
July 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Ms.Michelle
Rose!

I don't know any resources there but I can tell you, they cannot force you to have an induction nor can they force you to have a c-section. In the meantime, I hope you find a midwife in the area!
July 9th, 2007, 03:17 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Rose!

I don't know any resources there but I can tell you, they cannot force you to have an induction nor can they force you to have a c-section. In the meantime, I hope you find a midwife in the area![/b]
Welcome.

ITA with the above. If I were you I would check out birth centers in the ATL area. They should at least be able to direct you to other midwives or hospitals with lower induction rates.

I'd just use google.

http://www.birthcenters.org/ is a good resource, but there are lots of birth centers missing.

I can also ask a friend of mine who is in ATL where you gave birth to her two kids if I remember. Both births were at the same hospital. The first was with a midwife and the second was an OB (only because her insurance changed). Both births were 100% natural.

HTH.

July 9th, 2007, 03:34 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
You could also try googling "midwives in atlanta". Really its just a matter of searching. Good luck!
#12 is on the way
July 9th, 2007, 04:53 PM
So, I am back with some information.

My friend delivered both times at Emory Crawford Long Hospital. She says that the hospital is natural birth friendly and fine with walking, getting in the tub/shower, etc. I don't even think that she had an IV or hep-lock.

She recommends the Nurse Midwives who work with Emory Clinic. They are located on the 9th floor inside the hospital. She told me to tell you that you need to specifically ask for a nurse-midwife. Otherwise, they automatically schedule you with an OBGYN unless there isn't one available (in which case they then go ahead and place you with the midwives).

She's supposed to look around the house for the number, but you have to bear with her (she just had a baby last week---au natural I might add--- and has an 18 month-old on top of that!).

HTH.

ETA: she just IM'd me the #: It's 404-778-7777. It's the "Health Connections" number and you need to ask for the Emory Clinic Department of Gyn and Obstetrics on the 9th floor.

July 10th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Ms.Michelle
tygrss, YOU ROCK!
July 10th, 2007, 12:14 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Rose!

I don't know any resources there but I can tell you, they cannot force you to have an induction nor can they force you to have a c-section. In the meantime, I hope you find a midwife in the area![/b]
ITA!! And tygrss, you DO rock!

July 10th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Veteran
Thank you SO much for your help!! Please tell your friend she's a lifesaver!!!

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" --Joshua 24:15
@-'--,--'------</div>
July 10th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Thank you SO much for your help!! Please tell your friend she's a lifesaver!!! [/b]
No problem. Hopefully your experience is as good as hers were.

Ms. Michelle and Tiffany Rose: As far as me rocking: Awww shucks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search