Could use some ideas ladies !

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Ok , so I know how important it is to drink enough water esp when your pregnant but the thing is I can not drink water ! I am not talking about the taste of it , I mean ya it's not the best tasting stuff but that I can deal with if it's good an cold and fresh , but what I mean by can't drink water is that it makes me feel sick to my stomach , it's like I get really full of this empty sloshing and it makes me feel so bad , tap or bottled it doesn't matter . SO any creative ways that I can try to get my water still ? I have started drinking decaf tea and I try to water it down a bit , also watered down cool aid but that's about all I can think of . Anything else I could try ?

P.S. here's what my doula sent me about water in pregnancy , just thought I would throw it up here since I brought it up .

Risks of not drinking enough water in pregnancy:

- urinary tract infections

- low amniotic fluid (Amniotic fluid needs to replenish itself every hour by using roughly a cup of water stored in the body. Low amniotic fluid does not protect the baby.)

- water retention (you need water to flush water out)

- low blood volume (Blood volume should increase to nearly double by the eighth month of pregnancy; it is necessary to drink even more water to compensate.)

- hypertension and other cardiovascular problems (from thick blood)

- premature labor (Dehydration can cause contractions.): Premature labor can have many health risks to the newborn baby. However, some cases of premature labor have been stopped just by giving the mother enough water to re-hydrate her body

Benefits:

- healthier skin

- less acne

- washing away of unnecessary sodium

- less chance for pre-term labor or miscarriage

- better bowel movements

- decreased nausea

- carries nutrients through the blood to the baby

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

July 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
How about eating watermelon? I have been doing that alot lately to get my water in.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

July 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
try adding lemon or lime to it (just a little) it will help your body absorb it faster. Also if it's ice cold it takes longer for your body to absorb because it has to warm it to body temperature first, so try it room temp instead.

Try to mostly drink during meals or snacks too, having food in your stomach will help that sloshy feeling. I had that sometimes too, it's not a fun sensation!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

July 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Ohh some good ideas , I didn't think of trying to get some from fruits and veggies , I'll have to google some later on and find some that hold a higher water content , and I think maybe it would help to drink it with my meals , worth a try anyway ! Thanks

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

July 11th, 2007, 09:36 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know this might be bad, but I sometimes use those Crystal Light on the go packs in my water... just a thought!

And yeah, it's really important to drink water in pregnancy... I had a couple of days where I didn't really and I got so sick; I was in the hospital for a week!!

July 11th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Quote:
I know this might be bad, but I sometimes use those Crystal Light on the go packs in my water... just a thought!

And yeah, it's really important to drink water in pregnancy... I had a couple of days where I didn't really and I got so sick; I was in the hospital for a week!![/b]

Well before I got pg I was drinking those and the fruit 2O's , but with both of those having artificial sweeteners I am cutting back on those , bah ! Lol .

July 11th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

And yeah, it's really important to drink water in pregnancy... I had a couple of days where I didn't really and I got so sick; I was in the hospital for a week!![/b]
I do the same with Crystal Light, I know it's not the best so I use half of what it calls for to make two gallons. Sometimes I will mix with 100% juice, usually cran-grape because it's pretty flavorful, I do 1/4 juice to 3/4 water. I find I feel so much better when I have enough water but DH usually has to remind me to drink it

July 12th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Ms.Michelle
I don't have anymore suggestions but thanks for reminding me to fill my glass up!
July 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
It also helps to drink a little a lot of times throughout the day. I make sure I always have a water bottle with me, because if it is there, I will drink it. I was getting a gallon a day this way throughout my pregnancy, but it was around one 8 oz. glass per hour. If you are awake an average of 16 hrs a day, this will get you exactly a gallon. Good luck!

July 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I had morning sickness I could not tolerate water. Hopefully you will be able to drink it soon, even if you don't have typical morning sickness. I remember that sloshy feeling was so bad on the way to my first u/s and I had to drink all that water!

Try diluting 100% fruit juice, gatorade, or vitamin water. Also try loading up on soup or broth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search