Midwife/birth center appt yesterday

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 06:25 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my first midwife/birth center appointment yesterday. It was great! The two of them chatted with my husband and I for about an hour!

The did Leopold's maneuvers and my little man is head down, but posterior so I need to try to do pelvic tilts a little more often to try to avoid back labor if possible. My legs are still swollen like crazy, but they just told me to up my protein intake and drink water and I should be fine, God-willing. Thjey wanted to do a pelvic exam since they had no baseline knowledge of my innards (I love that word-LOL). It was hilarious because one of the midwives was doing the exam and I saw her get these huge eyes. She says "Wow! You're 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced and at -1 station already." I wasn't expecting that since most primigravidas are still closed, thick and high!

Of course, we all know that it doesn't predict when active labor will begin, but it is nice to know that my body is starting to get things underway.
I have another appointment next week, God-willing (inless little man decides to make his debut!).

On another note, my OB office made me pay 25 dollars before they would release my medical records. Anyhow, I'll still send a thank you note and some flowers because I truly do like them and would recommend a high risk woman there any day. The birth may not be unmedicated but I know that the OB would at least try her best to get it vaginal.

Anyhow, just wanted to share!

July 12th, 2007, 10:06 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and had a nice appointment! That's great!

July 12th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Ms.Michelle
That's awesome!

Quote:
On another note, my OB office made me pay 25 dollars before they would release my medical records. Anyhow, I'll still send a thank you note and some flowers because I truly do like them and would recommend a high risk woman there any day. The birth may not be unmedicated but I know that the OB would at least try her best to get it vaginal.[/b]
^ Here you were so worried about offending them!
July 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM
mylittlemonsters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mylittlemonsters
I think it is great that the midwives are so wonderful. It sounds like you will have a great birth experience.

I would say that your $25 for the transfer of records is thank you enough. I don't know if that is legal for them to do. I guess if they had to copy everything maybe but if they were just faxing it, I would question it.

Still congrats on finding someone better qualified to care for you and your birth.
July 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you had a great appointment!
July 13th, 2007, 07:22 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a good appointment! That's bull about the $25 charge.... ugh, I'd be mad!

July 13th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear you're appointment went well

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
July 13th, 2007, 11:11 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great news! Look into the Webster technique well to get that baby to turn.

July 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a good appointment.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 14th, 2007, 06:25 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a great appointment! And you are right your effacement, dilation, and baby's station don't really indicate when baby coming...but as things are progressing that is that much less when labor does start and that is great!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

July 14th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
sounds like a great appointment!

Good luck with everything. Both of my girls were born within a couple days of getting to 3.5cm

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search