New here

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 12:18 PM
CBMS
Hi all. My name is Kim. I'm due with my fourth in December, and I am definitely going really natural this time. I had my first two without meds or episiotomies, and with midwives, but I was at the hospital--so the general being tied to the bed and having nothing to eat or drink rule applied. My third was a long drawn out labor (also a midwife birth), and they [the nurses] kept saying, "you NEED an epidural. It'll help you relax and move your labor along. You need it to get through this." Finally, I said, "you're NOT sticking a needle in my back. I'd like a half dose of something in my IV if it'll shut you up." Big mistake, though. I started vomiting, falling asleep and waking up angry at the peak of the contractions... it was horrible. I decided I didn't ever want to do that again. Ever. So when we found out we were expecting number four, I sought out a birth center. I love the midwives. I've had three appointments now, and they are so great. I am going to love not having to starve myself just because I'm in labor. After my third, I was more concerned about eating than anything--I hadn't eaten in over 30 hours!! (or had a real drink! They'd only let me have a few ice chips!)

Anyway... this time will be much more relaxed and all natural--in a more natural setting, even.
July 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Hi welcome and congrats ! This will be my 2nd baby and first with a midwife , we don't have any birthing centers here though so it will be a hospital birth again but I love my midwife so far and will have a doula with me so I feel good about getting my natural VBAC ! You'll love it here these ladies are great !

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

July 12th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Ms.Michelle
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

I'm so happy you're here. It sounds like you had some med-wives before! Sounds like this birthing centre is where your heart is. I'm stoked for you girl.

Lots of love, Michelle

PS ~ to this area! See ya on the debates!
July 12th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Veteran
Welcome! This is my fourth child, second with a midwife, but first that we are planning to have at home, hopefully in the water. I am also looking forward to being able to eat as I wish, move around as I wish, and generally not having to spend my entire birth experience fighting to get the experience I want and still never really getting it!

Beth

July 12th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! This is also my 4th pregnancy but my first natural birth. We are planning a midwife assisted home waterbirth. I am really excited to be in a friendly and comfortable environment. Sounds like you have found a wonderful birth center, that's awesome! It's great to have you here :-)
July 13th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
~*CONGRATULATIONS*~ on your pregnancy & ~*WELCOME*~ to the board

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
July 13th, 2007, 09:59 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Congrats!!!

I'm expecting my seventh, third homebirth towards the end of August!
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search