Hello, ladies...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2007, 07:46 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been posting on the November DDC because that's when I'm due, but I'd like to be involved in this board as well since natural childbirth gets almost NO support over there. I love the girls but can't say I agree with their philosophy.
Anyway, my name's Sara, and I'm 24 years old. This will be DH and my first child but second pregnancy (had a m/c in November last year). I am due on November 7th but hoping to go sooner. I'd love to chat with some of you other mothers, both first timers and BTDT moms. I am very interested in all things surrounding natural childbirth and breastfeeding, etc. I love to post and check several boards on JM frequently.
Just hoping I can join you and profit from your insight!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome Sara! I'm Cindy and my DH and I are also expecting our first. I am due on October 10th. I'm glad you decided to join us here! What methods of natural childbirth were you thinking of using?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

July 19th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I haven't attended a specific birthing class, and I'm not sure I will, so I'm not narrowing it down to any one method as of right now. I know that I do not want an epidural or other pain meds unless it's an absolute emergency, though. I will have my DH and only him in the room with me, so I imagine something like the Bradley method would work for us. I'm not interested in having a doula...my mom would be happy to step in and support me if I need it, but I'm really hoping for just DH and I. I don't think I want a homebirth, I'm okay with the hospital. My midwife is awesome and supports my wishes completely, so I'm not worried about that.

Mom to:

July 19th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Ms.Michelle

Just wanted to ask you if you've heard of hypnobirthing?
July 19th, 2007, 10:48 PM
nette's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll support you in our DDC! Frankly while I'm very pro natural I've predisposed myself to not sharing my opinion. I'm developing a strong interest in this board, I think I'll be posting somewhat soon. I'm glad to see the fads of medication doesn't have everyone caught up.
July 20th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Quote:

Just wanted to ask you if you've heard of hypnobirthing?[/b]
I have heard of hypnobirthing and I'm very interested. However, no one in my area currently offers hypnobirthing classes. I've heard you can buy the tapes...do you know how much they cost? (We're kind of broke right now ) I was thinking of checking with my library and seeing if they could get them for me. But yes, I am VERY interested in that.

Thanks, nette, for coming over and reinstalling my faith in the November DDC! Glad to know you're going natural too!

Mom to:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search