New to the forum & thought I'd say hello

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Veteran
Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Crystal. I'm due Dec. 24th and I just found this forum, so I'd love to chat. I'm a sahm to one beautiful little girl (Erin) whose 17 months old. This is my 4th pregnancy, I've had one live birth, one still birth and one miscarrage. So far this pregnancy is going great. I'm completely for all natural childbirth. I've done it both ways, with epidural and without anything and I'd pick natural any day! Some call me crazy, I say I'm just educated now. For my labor and delivery I blan on using the bradley method again since it worked wonders last time. Hmm... what else. We are also co-sleepers, breastfeeders & attachment parenting cheerleaders. Oh, yes. I'm married to a wonderful man, named Sean (whose a Canadian, eh). He's originally from BC and I'm origianlly from N. Idaho, but we currently reside in Nebraska. (Long story as to how we ended up here). We love, love, love anything outdoors, rockclimbing, camping, hiking, you name it, we've probably done it and loved it. (Although it's a little harder where we live now!). Oh, quick question while I'm thinking of it...I love your signatures and little pics and things you have on there, but I can't figure out how the heck to make one or copy one for myself. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

July 20th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome Crystal! I'm Cindy and I am pregnant with my first child. It's great to see more new members.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

July 20th, 2007, 07:03 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, Crystal! Glad you're here.
As for the 'little pictures and things', there area few different things you can do. Some of our talented girls (not me though) can make really nice picture signatures for you. But if you want something simple, just go into 'My Controls' (kinda upper right on your screen) and click 'Edit Signature' in there. You can add text, pics, so forth.
I also like the little blinkies that move, etc. I got mine at

http://lafemmebonita.com/cgi-bin/blinkies/...bies&page=2

Hope that helps some!

Oh, and the baby tickers you can get at baby-gaga.com, lilypie.com, and even here on Justmommies!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 20th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Veteran
Ok, maybe I'm just that dense, but how do I actually add them? I found some that I want to add, but I'm not sure what to go under in my controls, edit signature, what do I put it under? The codes, spoilers? I guess I don't know the difference.

July 20th, 2007, 08:01 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For this forum you'll want to use what's called BBCode . When you click on a blinkie and/or say 'Get Code', usually several options (formats) will come up. For Justmommies, use BBCode.

So, click on the blinkie/ticker you want, say get code, select the one listed as BBCode, copy the entire address, and then go into My Controls and select Edit Signature. Once there, paste the entire BBCode address for your blinkie into the space provided. When you hit 'Save Changes' (or whatever it says at the bottom of the box), your blinkie should appear.

Adding pics is slightly more difficult. I use a photo hosting site called Photobucket because JM won't let you post pictures directly from your computer. But I have to have my DH help me, so I'm afraid I'm no use to you there! Some of the other girls would know, however.

I hope this helps!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 20th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Veteran
Awesome, thanks for the help, now let's see if I can do it!

July 20th, 2007, 12:42 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search