not PG but wanted to say hello

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I'm not currently PG but had my third little sweetie in February. My first 2 kiddos, I got the natural, unmedicated vaginal deliveries I wanted (and my 2nd was 9lb 5oz so I feel pretty accomplished!) Our new angel was due in May, but following some bizarre, freak placental issues that led to me being extremely ill (liver, kidneys, and platelets shutting down), I was sent to the hospital at 29w6d, scared out of my mind. Thankfully my body knew what it was doing and I was unknowingly in premature labor, dilated to 3cm when I got there. They held off delivery for a day with various drugs but my body labored through the medications and I was finally given pitocin and she was born a couple of hours later at 30 weeks, weighing 3lb 3oz. I was very grateful that I was able to at least deliver her vaginally and free of pain meds, if not exactly the way I wanted. A c-section would have been devestating on top of having a preemie! She's now a happy, healthy 5 month old who lives to nurse and be loved by her family Thanks for letting me share!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
July 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
MamaT's Avatar Member
Hi! Thanks for sharing. What a scary time that must have been. Looks like everything turned out well, she looks beautiful and healthy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search