Forgive my Tardiness

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2007, 09:18 AM
chele11's Avatar RIC
Send a message via Yahoo to chele11
I already typed this once, decided it was way too long and am starting over!!!

I'm 36 yrs old, have Gestational Diabetes and am on 2 doses of insulin daily and am GBS+. This is my 3rd child, 5th pregnancy. (NOT to start a debate-1st was an abortion. 3rd was a m/c with twins)

Had a midwife with DD. Same doc with DS and this baby. Same hospital for DS and this baby. I do not want a homebirth, but I have looked into alternative options at two of the main hospitals and there are not any available in our area (we're a large city, what is up with that??) So, no water births for me either, unfortunately....altho I'm not sure if I'd like it or not.

Epi with each of the other two-DD was convinced to get one or I opted, I honestly cannot remember, but I do know I held out as long as possible. I still felt a lot of pain at her birth and altho it was not pleasant, I think now that I'm older, wiser and more prepared, I can manage that pain much better. DS was convinced to have Epi early on to help me relax bc labor was nor progressing. I think I was 4cm dilated when the Epi was given and it was around 4-6pm? I did not deliver until after midnight. So, not sure that the Epi did any assistance. In fact, I did not feel ANYTHING with his delivery, and I hated it!!!! BOTH kiddos had a double nucal (sp?) cord. Both were admitted to the NICU after birth for unrelated issues. StrepB (undetected) with DD and Aspirated fluid upon birth w/DS.

Doc has agreed to no Epi unless I ask for it this time. I asked doc if the insulin would help keep the baby's weight to a normal range-she said yes. I asked doc if the weekly BPP's showed that the baby's weight was within a normal range-not too large-if I could hold out past my duedate and she said no. She will not let me go any further past my duedate bc of the insulin and GD. I'm not sure why, for some reason, I didn't think to ask-betcha it's on the top of my list next time!!! I really do not want to be hooked to an iv and be unable to move around this time. I believe that is my biggest gripe of laboring with Pit and/or Epi.
SO..... my pain alternatives, as I see them and done a bit of research are: Demerol & Stadol (neither of which bother me and had no ill effect on DD) or a walking Epi-which seems the more logical of choices if I need pain medication bc that allows me to walk, but also eases the contractions but still lets me feel the urge to push-which is what I want. I've already tried breathing techniques (had a monstrous tattoo that I breathed thru quite well actually-not the same, but I think it helped).
As for induction.....I don't know what to do about this. I do not want to pissoff my doc. She's wonderful. But I would rather not speed up the delivery of this child-not if it's avoidable....but why would being on insulin make a difference of my duedate?? I'm sure there is a medical reason... what, I do not know-YET.

Oh, and my name's Michele and I belong to the Oct DDC along with Frelle & *Sharon*
This baby is a surprise by choice.
August 1st, 2007, 08:40 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and welcome to the Natural Childbirth Board! I'm glad you have decided to go natural, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Chelci

August 1st, 2007, 11:55 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Look forward to reading your posts (as much as I can with a new little one!).

August 15th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome Michele! I'm in your DDC too. I'm glad to see you here!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

August 15th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Welcome Michele! I'm in your DDC too. I'm glad to see you here! [/b]

Me too! Glad to see you in here. As you may know, I am doing a VBAC. First one was a forced induction and after 3 days of unmedicated induction, the Dr had me push to early and I ended up with ER c/s and had to be knocked out.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search