VBAC mamas

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i see there isn't a specific area for VBAC mamas here on JM im guessing this owuld be the place for it if you did have one, so im searching you all out!

i need to know how long YOU all waitied before going into the hospital? i know there was a post about this, but i think it was more focused towards BTDT vaginal birth mamas, not necessarily VBAC mamas.

basically i need tips, lessons, advice, whatever you've got! we'll be getting a doula and laboring at home, but i need to know what you all did as far as getting in the hospital with enough time but yet not too much to be bullied or forced into another cesarean.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
August 20th, 2007, 04:59 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
Hi Valerie.

At 40 weeks I was already 4-5 cm dilated. My contractions started at around 10:00pm when I was 40weeks 3days and as soon as I noticed them coming regularly and getting a little stronger, I called the midwife. She said I should come on in since I had an hour drive to the hospital since I was already 4-5 cm, it would be best not to wait.
By the time we left to head to the hospital, which was about 30 minutes after I talked to the midwife, my contractions were about 6 minutes apart. By the time we got to the hospital they were about 3-4 minutes apart. We arrived at the hospital at 12:30am and when we got there I was 6cm dilated and labor was very well established in a good pattern by then. I'm glad we didn't wait.

For you, I'd just wait and see how dilated you are...if you are already dilated quite a bit when you go into labor, then you won't need to wait as long to go in, but if you aren't dilated that much or only like 1-2 cm or something, you could labor at home until you feel like you can't anymore.
I would just use the wait and see approach, but definitely refuse all unecessary interventions, including induction. Just letting everything happen and progress on it's own is your best chance at a successful VBAC.

Good luck to you.

August 21st, 2007, 03:01 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
thanks

the wait and see approach is pretty much my life righ tnow with the whole birth

we took a tour today of the hospital by us and i LOVE it.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
August 21st, 2007, 09:33 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no experience because I am still preggo. Hopefully in a few weeks I will get my VBAC. I do live about 1.5 hrs away from my OBGYNS hospital and it is the only VBAC friendly one. I chose this one because of it being VBAC friendly and I had DD there. I will be waiting as long as I can until I go in. We have discussed it. If we have the money, once I establish that I AM in labor, I will probably go to a hotel to labor so I am really close to the hospital. I will let you know. Hope you get the birth you are looking for.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search