"hired" our doula

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i called her this morning and told her she's hired! we will meet with her starting september. it will be dh's first tiem meeting her, so i hope he likes her. we don't pay her until after we meet her and really it isn't all due until im 36 weeks. but im hopeing to have it saved and ready to pay her at the first meeting if we both love her. im working hard for it...so i would rather just get it done and paid for.

about the hospital thing...i will update this in the other "bump in the road" post as well for reference...
she said it would be better to go to the other newer hospital that our doc delivers at because she said she has seen it too many times where a woman just walks in and gets horrible mean treatment from an on=call doc that is against VBACs. the mom ends up getting bullied and treated like crap. she said she knows my doc very well, has dealt with him a lot of times and that he has a heart, and that if i come in at 7-8 cm ready to go then he will just probably say ok. i did ask her if i should tell him ahead of time, and she said it's a iffy situation and my choices with my specific doctor would be:

apeal to his heart - he is a softy - and come in with my research in hand and be very strong on my decision, then he mght say somehting along the lines of...don't come in until you are past 5cm or i will give you a cesarean...she said there might end up being an ultimatum like that.

or

chedule the cesarean, then call in the on that day and just say im not feeling well, we need to reschedule....

either way it's going to happen though, i tell ya that!!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
August 22nd, 2007, 05:10 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on hiring your doula! I hope you all click well when you start meeting with her in September.

I'm working toward my certification to be a birth doula myself, and always get excited when I see them mentioned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search