Christina Aguilera

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
omg that is so scary! i have heard about people scheduling c sections for that reason, or not wanting to get any bigger or other stupid reasons. but i didn't really think it was true! i'm so naive. how irresponsible of that doctor, how can they get away with that? and how can she have not done her homework to realize how dangerous that is! i've also heard of people having combination c-section/tummy tucks at the same time and whatever thats fine if thats waht you want to do AND you needed a csection out of medical necessity. is it wrong of me to think that people are just STUPID?!?!?!? my bradley instructor just told us saturday that there was a huge study that came out a few months ago about babies having a higher incidence of respiratory problems when mamas are induced or have csections before their due dates...obviously sometimes these things are necessary but i think often they are done for convenience sake. very sad.

</div>
February 17th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Little Mrs Sunshine
that is terrible. they are supposed to be setting an example. people will think that must be the way to go if thats what the people with all the $$ are doing. another celebrity helps to fill the worlds mind with nonsense. what about the dangers of a c-section? geesh thats worth then a vaginal tear.
February 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to ziggy1989 Send a message via Yahoo to ziggy1989
that disgusts me. i never liked her. i kinda figured she would be that kind of person "god forbid my perfectly plastic body be changed because of something i decided to do, who cares about the risks, i just want the ability to look....well.....slutty back",. (boo on these pregnancy hormones lol)

thank you mandy for my BEAUTIFUL siggy
February 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
Boo on Christina Aguilera!!! And 37 weeks!!! What if he wasn't ready to be born!! What a selfish choice to make.

February 17th, 2008, 08:52 PM
*Jackie*
Not surprising. Most celebs have their kids early through c-sec.
February 18th, 2008, 03:21 AM
~Trinity~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
..how irresponsible of that doctor[/b]
I've heard of doctors scheduling c-sections around their vacations too. It's disgusting.

It's sad how we're seeing more of this trend. Women want to have children but don't want to go through the pain of labor, want the baby born on a certain day, don't want to risk tears, are afraid that the last weeks of pregnancy will add more stretch marks and more pounds to lose...

Becoming a mother should mean no longer putting yourself first but doing what is neccesary to have the healthiest baby possible.

February 18th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Ryland's Mom
I know for a fact all the hospitals in my area have an almost 50% c-section rate... and what do you bet more than half of them are elective. It's one of those increasing trends, having a baby isn't a beautiful lifestyle change anymore, it's an accessory now, just like Paris and her armada of toy puppies.
February 18th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Quote:
Becoming a mother should mean no longer putting yourself first but doing what is neccesary to have the healthiest baby possible.[/b]
I totally agree with this! Christina having a scheduled c-section is something I already expected though. It's so disappointing to see people doing this so often now. Ugh.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 18th, 2008, 08:46 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Both Christina and Nicole had their babies on the same day that I had Acadia, and I knew as soon as I heard that it was 90% chance they had scheduled C-Sections, while I went through grueling natural back labor.

Makes me feel even prouder of my effort though!

February 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Tofu Bacon
Okay, I just have to say it. What an odd contradiction that she was so concerned about keeping her genitals intact, but not her baby's.
February 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im almost back to my prepregnancy weight, by breastfeeding, not an operation So I have some stretch marks, big deal, they will fade and besides, all the pants and shorts I wear will cover them anyways. I think there are worse things to worry about than a tear and a few stretchmarks.

February 19th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Regular
I've heard that the theory behind all those celebrities is this:

"The rich don't push"

Sad, but whatever, it's their choice and they are the ones missing out on the joy and feeling of accomplishment by vaginal delivery.

Quote:
Im almost back to my prepregnancy weight, by breastfeeding, not an operation So I have some stretch marks, big deal, they will fade and besides, all the pants and shorts I wear will cover them anyways. I think there are worse things to worry about than a tear and a few stretchmarks.[/b]
February 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
birth spool

i like this blog. top post discusses christina.
February 19th, 2008, 09:37 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Okay, I just have to say it. What an odd contradiction that she was so concerned about keeping her genitals intact, but not her baby's. [/b]

Quote:
I've heard that the theory behind all those celebrities is this:

"The rich don't push"

Sad, but whatever, it's their choice and they are the ones missing out on the joy and feeling of accomplishment by vaginal delivery.

Quote:
Im almost back to my prepregnancy weight, by breastfeeding, not an operation So I have some stretch marks, big deal, they will fade and besides, all the pants and shorts I wear will cover them anyways. I think there are worse things to worry about than a tear and a few stretchmarks.[/b]
[/b]
Too posh to push..
February 20th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
i read that magazine article yesterday...it was so sad. a terrible shame that the idea of it could now become so acceptable because celeb's are doing it.

February 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Preanna, having a c/s is not easy, I just wanted to add that.

It makes me sick that these celebs do this. I want a natural vaginal birth so bad and I can't. I would NEVER in a million years choose a section over a vag birth if everything was safe and especially at 37 weeks. My babies cook into the 42nd week so 37 weeks seems so early. I would rather my vaginal be tore from HOLE TO HOLE before I had another c/s and incision.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

February 20th, 2008, 12:21 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Makes me kind of feel sorry for her. I had a good labor but I did tear very significantly, yet my husband tells me I feel better than ever, so I don't consider myself 'damaged'. How sad that the beauty of birth be lost in a haze of selfishness.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

February 21st, 2008, 08:01 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I just saw her on Ellen yesterday, she didn't talk about her section, but she did talk about the Bris and the penis balloons. The funny thing was she was wearing this super low cut dress with her HUGE HUGE boobies and Ellen asked her sarcastically if she was nursing....at least she *is* doing that.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise about celeb's attitudes towards birth since to them surgery is such a common thing now. They don't bat an eye at having surgery for anything, so why should that be any different?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search