Short epi story, poor girl!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A friend of mine just told me that her sisters best friend had a baby in Ottawa Ont with an epi. However, the dr put it in wrong, he froze the UPPER half of her body, so she was frozen and couldnt speak and tell him that she could feel everything down below. Ow thats gotta suck, poor girl. Funny, but not haha funny.

It was enough to scare my friend into definantly wanting an at home water birth like her sister did. Shes WTTC, but I still told her to let me know how the water birth goes cause thats what I want if I get pregnant again in the future. Theres a new hospital being built here and I heard it will have birthing tubs in august!! Im excited about that. My boyfriend is dead set against home births, so that might be my option if I ever let him touch me again

February 29th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Oh my! She must have been terrified! Poor girl. Could that have effected her breathing as well?

And, YAY for the new hospital being built near you! That'll be great for you if your BF ever gets that lucky, lol.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 29th, 2008, 04:56 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
how did no one notice? Just goes to show how little attention is paid to the laboring woman.
February 29th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just passing by, and kind of had to laugh at this because same thing happened to me.. guess where?!! Lemme guess, it was the Civic Hospital?! That is where I had my DD, and same thing. Not only was I frozen from the ears down, but they went too far, and created a nice spinal headache. I felt everything, and was in agony for 4 days until they decided to fix there mistake. An epi in itself is painful, but when they take an hour to do it, and many stabs it sucks. Then when 4 days later they have to take blood out of your arm, and than go back into that same hole in your back (yes another epi) and put that blood in there...ick ick ick. 2.5yrs later, and it is still painful. Poor girl though. Seriously. PM me if that is the hospital she went too. I really wouldn't be surprised. I will never ever in a million years have another baby there. In fact, after that experience I rather have a home water birth. I rather go through 10 back to back natural L&D then go through the pain I did because of that epi.

ETA: When I was telling my nurse that I was frozen from the ears down, she told me to stop whining.. nice eh?!
March 1st, 2008, 10:24 AM
Ryland's Mom
They did the same thing to my mother when she had my sister...

At the hospital I WOULD be going to here in Plantation FL. She said she had to concentrate on how to breathe, the lights were "rolling" as they wheeled her from labor to deliever. She barely whispered the words to my dad, "Can't... breathe... Epi... dural... wrong..." My mom said my Dad FREAKED and started yelling at the nurses and slapping them away to fetch the anesethiologist NOW!!! They corrected it in time for the OB to come in and check my mom and say... "We could've had this baby five minutes ago if you'd push."
March 6th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMgosh, now that is scary!!

I've never had an epi, but it's deffinately enough to keep me scared of them!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search