I had my baby...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
OMG i can't believe he his finally here. So here is how our labor went...

I was scheduled to be induced at 7:30 on Tuesday the 26th and when i got checked in my blood pressure was the absolute lowest it has been this whole pregnancy sooooo since that was the reason i was being induced i decided i wanted to wait to talk to my doc until we continued with the induction. Well at 10:00 my doc convinced me that my bleeding disoreder was a big part of the reason for the induction and that we needed to go through with the induction because my blood pressure could just be fluctuating and end up dangerously high next week if we waited. So we started with the prostoglandin gel to soften my cervix to help with dialation. The plan was to break my water four hours later but when they checked me i was only 2 cm dialated and the baby was still almost floating so they decided to wait to break my water til he was a little lower which was only gonna happen with contractions so we started with the breast pump. Three hours later they came back and checked me and baby has lowered just a little so they went ahead and broke my water. Then we waited to see how my contractions were progressing on their own. They weren't really doing much so we started pitocin. This whole time i've been doing pretty good with my hypnosis. My contractions started to get pretty intense cause they were increasing the pitocin every 30 minutes. Plus i had some retarded nurse in training that was making me nuts. I had to have an IV of fluids and antibiotics and pitocin and a heplock and this nurse was really NOT good at putting in IVs. Well, my doc wanted me to get into a pattern of contractions over 55 on the monitor every 2 minutes and i finally got there and was doing great tolerating them but the stupid nurse came in an increased the pitocin again and gave me tectonic contraction that got stuck at 30 and would not release. I pretty much had nothing but back labor the whole time. At this point i started to get frustrated because we had to stop the pit completely and start over again 30 minutes later. So fine, i just want my baby so we started over, i got back in to my labor pattern and another nurse came in an increased the pitocin again and guess what i got another tectonic contraction. So again we started over. I'm still only 3 cm dialated and baby is still relatively high up. Soooo now its Wednesday afternoon and my doc says that i need to think about getting an epidural because i'm not dialating and she thinks its cause i'm getting tired from no sleep and not able to use my hypnosis to relax as well anymore. So i really was not wanting to get one and asked if i could try again on the pitocin on my own so she agreed and my contractions were the strongest theyd been for a straight 2 hours. I got checked again and baby was much much lower but i still was't dialating. I basically broke down and started crying and couldn't focus away the pain anymore so i decided to get the epidural. They left me on pitocin after the epi for about 4 hours and they checked me again and i was stalled at 4 cm and baby's head was getting a pretty bad cone from pushing down on a 4 cm opening. Soooo my doc came in and said that we needed to do a cesarean to get him out cause his head was not going to fit. Soooo after alll that laboring its now 7:00 on Thursday morning and i get wheeling in for a c-section. Jackson Thomas was born at 7:50 am on 02-28-08 weighing 7 lbs 15.5 ounces, 19 inches long. We just got home yesterday afternoon and i still am feeling very out of it from lack of sleep and pain meds and hormones and whatnot but i am totally in love with our little man. Be back later to add pics

ETA - Pics of my little miracle...

March 2nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Congratulations on your little man!!! I'm sorry to hear it didn't go as well as you had hoped but I'm so happy that you are both doing well. I hope you feel better soon. Congrats again!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
congratulations!!! i have been thinking of you and your little man! i'm sorry things didn't go the way you had planned, but the outcome is no less fantastic!

</div>
March 2nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the new baby! Sorry that things didn't happen the way that you wanted but thankfully both you and baby are doing well.

March 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Ive been hoping you would post! Im sorry things didnt go as you had hoped! I cant wait to see pics!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
March 2nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks ladies. I have some pics but just havent gotten around to downloading them. His birth didn't go as we had planned but at least my doc was supportive enough to let me exhaust all my alternatives at the different stages before moving onto the next option. I probably wouldn't have been in labor for 38 hours if i hadnt tried to avoid the epi and c/s. But in the end our boy is here and he is healthy and i couldn't be happier. I think next time i will NOT agree to being induced since in the end my bp and bleeding were pretty much of absolutely no consequence. Thanks again for all the support ladies. Promise i'll add pics soon.

March 3rd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Super Mommy
It sounds like your body was just not ready for labor. So sorry. Congrats on your little boy, enjoy him.

Mom to boys: G 7, C 5, K 4, N 3

March 3rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! Cant wait to see some pics of him!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
March 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
~Trinity~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing pics.

March 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
congrats! what's his name?
March 7th, 2008, 09:43 AM
His name is Jackson Thomas. I can't believe how much i love him.

March 7th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Quote:
His name is Jackson Thomas. I can't believe how much i love him.[/b]
It's so amazing isn't it? You just want to stare at them all day long and every little thing they do melts your heart.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search