Update on newmommy13

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2008, 01:43 AM
~Trinity~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She posted this in our DDC yesterday:

Quote:
So after a wonderful all natural, non medicated 27 hour labor, Amelia made her appearance in the world at 9 lb 6 oz and 21 and a half inches long on 3-5-08! After such a perfectly normal labor and delivery, she surprised us by not breathing at all. the midwives used oxygen and did cpr until the rescue squad go there adn 7 minutes after her birth she was at the hospital next door and breathing, though not stable. since that hospital has no nicu she was transfered to a childrens hospital about 15 minutes away. at first they thought she was having seizures but after a bunch of tests and a visit from the neurologist today they found no siezure activity. we still don't know why she wasn't breathing, but she is doing much better now, only on a nasal canula, and being weaned off that. she's holding her temp well now too. she is the biggest baby in the nicu! she's still not able to eat and a little doped up from the anti-siezure meds they gave her before the results from the neurological testing came back.

after sleeping a few hours at the birth center i was able to go to the hospital to meet my little girl. after about an hour i went to the bathroom and almost passed out. i was passing blood clots as big as goose eggs and i was admitted to the hosptal. after 5 hours of IV meds to try to stop bleeding, and 3 speculum exams by 3 different doctors they found a bit of the placenta was still attached to the uterine wall. the doctor gave me a shot for pain, but it did absolutely nothing. at all. she had to go in and grab the piece of placenta with her hand. her hand was bloody past her glove. she was all the way in my uterus. this was 100X worse than the birth. i am having a hard time with this still, i was unable to sleep last night because i coudln't stop thinking about it. i feel like i have post traumatic stress disorder or something. i can't get it out of my mind, it was so traumatic and mindblowingly painful. i am shaking just thinking about it.

i was discharged this morning and am doing much better physically. they have sleepign rooms here at the hospital for us so that is where we will stay tonight. no word on when she will be getting out or be able to feed. i'm really trying to pump but nothing is coming out since i wasnt allowed to pump until after they got my bleeding under control. i am having a hard time with it, every time i do it i get painful cramping and i can't stop crying, i think it has a lot to do with the procedure they did on me, plus my daughter hooked up to all those wires and i am just a mess.

anyway, keep us in your prayers. i will try to get on to read about all the other new babies...congratulations new mamas![/b]

We're keeping both you and Ameila in our thoughts and prayers Ingrid.

March 9th, 2008, 10:36 AM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
OMG! Send her lots of !! I hope she starts feeling better soon!

March 9th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Oh no! I am praying for them both. I hope Amelia gets to come home soon! *HUGS*

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 9th, 2008, 01:51 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow, I hope things level out soon, and I really hope her milk comes in for her!
March 12th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor Mama, poor baby

Hope that they are both doing better & able to come home soon!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 12th, 2008, 06:31 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) to her and baby. Shes doing remarkably well looking from an outsiders POV, I cant imagine the stress levels. Hopefully everything will work out well... this is one of those "freak" things that just are beyond our control and that can be sooooooo difficult Hopefully she isn't feeling guilt or responsibility for birthing at the birthing center - this would have happened anywhere she gave birth.

Please keep us posted if you see/hear more.
I'll be keeping an eye out & Shell be in all my thoughts.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search