For those who have taken progestrone pills & clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2008, 06:28 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I finished the last of the 10 day progesterone pills tonight, and I'm now wondering when I can expect AF to show. I've taken these pills once before, but AF showed on day 8 before I finished the pack. (I called my doctor who told me to finish the 10 pills anyway.) This time, AF hasn't shown . . . so for those who've taken these when should I expect AF?

Also, I am still waiting for the blood test results, so my doctor has not told me to take Metformin yet, but does want me to start taking Clomid on CD5. This will be my first time taking Clomid too, so are there any suggestions for that too?

Thanks!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 2nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As you know, I can't answer your questions cuz I've never been on those meds. But, I wanted this to stay at the top of the list for you. Have you posted this question on the Medical Assistance board? I'm sure they'd have lots of answers for you. Good Luck, Bek....I hope you get some answers!!!

August 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry, Becky I don't know the answer either. GL, hope someone who know this will be able to get back to you. It's hard been the wkend and all....GL and

August 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From what I have seen in my friends the Progest pills can take up to 10 days after last pill to make af come... as for the clomid....

I did 4 rounds at 100 mg's and I suggest you take them at night and HOLD onto your pants!!! its a bumpy ride LOL That dont call it clomid he** for nothing but well worth it!!!

My worst side effects were hot flashes, sever crippling O pians( that I still get today) Moodiness to the max, Headaches and it also extends your LP and mimics pg signs in 2WW right up to peeing more.

It also can make you have hostile cm( 30% of users will get that) So I suggest Pre Seed to compinsate if you are one the 30%.

The good side effects for me was a BABY!!! Good luck!!

ETA: I never had probs with cysts at any point.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
August 3rd, 2008, 06:54 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies! I appreciate everyone's support!!

I started spotting late this afternoon, and my temps really dropped this morning so I expect AF to show full force tomorrow. And with the amount of cramping I'm having, she's probably going to be a bad one for me this time. Oh, well - at least I can get this cycle started and I really really hope with all these meds I can at least have a normal length cycle. These 40+ day cycles are driving me crazy.

And Irene, I will warn my DH about the side effects . . . the poor guy I'm not usually a moody person even during AF time so he won't be expecting this . . . hopefully my effects will be short-lived. I will take the pills at night though, hopefully I'll "sleep" off the worst of it.

Thanks again! You ladies are making this so much easier for me!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!!

By the way it should make you cycle a bit shorter that was one the reason I was on it to shorten the cycles I did O and to help O on annov cycles.

I Oed on average about cd17/18/19 and before cd 20 to 30. So that was a huge improvement it did make LP jump from 12/13 days to 16/17 days though.

Thats why I was stunned to O cd13 this cycle ...never has that happened before even with clomid!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
August 4th, 2008, 07:37 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay for AF...just for this month. Becky you are go your way. Hope the side effects is low and short live.

August 4th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad Irene was able to give you and DH some forewarnings!! YAY for AF!! Since it looks like I'm going to be expecting her tomorrow, we can possibly be cycle buddie again!! YAY!! I keep waiting for the TTCOM hosting "curse" to take hold of me....and now it can take hold of both of us!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search