Ladies....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since I'm new here, I would love to get to know you all a little better. Tell me something about yourself that is not related to kids or pregnancy.

Here goes:
-We bought a farm out in the sticks in June and love it. We hope to grow and raise much of our own food. Over the next year, we hope to get beef cattle, chickens, and pigs.

-We love to garden, and can and freeze much of our own food.

-I love to read! Almost any book I can get my hands on.

-I love cats

-I have a great husband and love to DTD whether or not we are trying to conceive.

-I have a fear of popsicle sticks........I know strange!

-We hardly watch TV at all, maybe 1 hour a week

What about you ladies........
Hi, my name is Mary and my DH is Andy and we are a Christian family of 9 living on a farm. We enjoy growing and raising our own food. We have a huge garden in the summer for vegetables and raise our own animals for meat. We homeschool our children, use cloth diapers, and eat as healthy as possible. God has planned the births of our children and we love having a big family!

God has blessed us with:
Daisy (9), Veronica (7), Charlie (4), Sally (3), Mark (2), Travis (15 months), Nathan (5 months)
August 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm Chum 34 and dh 39 ttc our first one.

I love to travel (have not done that much this year), read (I would have a book on me and I would get it out if I'm waiting in line or something), and walking (dh and I would walk around our sub-division).

I would love to have a pet (cat or dog) but dh would not let me...he hates pet.

I love everything that is chocolate (dark chocolate).

I'm not much of a green thumb...lucky if I don't kill the plants and grass we have outside.

I hate/fear snake.

Thinks I like to learn to do..snow ski, sewing, learn how to take great pictures and learn to relax more.

I love my dh and our families, I have 14 nieces and nephews (will be 15 in Oct.) and a great -niece and nephew...all on my dh side of family.

I told my dh that other dhs gives their wife a massage every night...so he would give me a short massage every night... don't tell him the truth.

August 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh and I will have our 5th wedding anniv on Aug 23rd

We love to travel

We love camping

We're leaving for Alaska with the IL's in two days for three weeks

I am addicted to fresh tomatoes

I love buying cloth diapers

I've lost 25lbs since January

We barbeque at least five times a week

August 5th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
My name is Karen. I'm 35 (and a half! ) and TTC #2!

- I am a singer - not a professional one - but I sing solos in church a lot. I love to sing karaoke, too!

- I'm the youngest of 6 kids. There are 11 years between my sister, the oldest, and myself.

- I love cats and dogs! We have 2 cats, but my DH flat-out refuses to let me ever have a dog!

- I do really good impressions of farm animals!

- I can belch really well! I astonish most guys - that's always a hoot!

- I love to write creatively; I'd love to write a book, but I need a partner to create a good premise first!

- I used to love the Harry Potter series but got extremely pissed by the last 2 books! The only book I still like, despite it all, is Book 5 (Order of the Phoenix)

- I'm slightly allergic to fresh strawberries - something that came upon me at a later stage in life!

- I'm currently hoping that my husband will get a job back in Chicago so we can move and live closer to both sides of our families!!

- I love going to Open Houses just for the fun of seeing different styles of homes and how they are/were decorated! (we already got one idea for the future if we ever decide to carpet our front room!)

August 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am Irene 38 and dh is 44. We have been married almost 20 yrs!! I am head over heals in LOVE with my man almost 20 yrs later!

I live out in the country on acerage with Private waterfront and beach. We as a family love to fish, waterski and kayak in our back yard! We built a New dock last weekend!

I like to skinny dip...alot! LOL

I have been growing Organics fruits and veggies about 15 plus yrs and always win blue ribbons for my perserves at the local fair! I have already canned cherries and made raspberry and strawberry jams/jellies. I also smoke the fish we catch( salmon, trout)

I have a small orchard and since we travel lots we chose not to have any livestock and rarely eat meat and never red meat.

I have a incredable relationship with my teens we LOVE to hang out together and I am so blessed to have such careing loveing teenagers who WANT to spend time with their Mom and dad in this day and age ( I dont count teens as kids! Kids are 12 and under)) LOL

I am a Doula and work for the Ministry for family and children as a Doula for High Risk Teens. I am also a certified Grief support Doula and serve in that area with ladies before dureing and after a fetal demise loss as a ministry.(Sorry my job includes pg. My work as a Doula really reflects who I am as a person)

I like to spend my free time (what little I have) Reading and hanging out with my family!

My hobbies are Painting, Gardening, ANY crafts, Scapbooking, Teaching charting(FAM) and collecting pg/bfing art/scuplture from around the world!

I LOVE chocolate!!! I hate spiders!!!

My dh is retired and has been doing mission work in Central America. Bet you didnt know we were missionaries LOL ( Thats why no livestock)

I stopped homeschooling after #6 came along and we put kids in Private Christian School. That has worked out really well for us!

I am the 3rd generation to live in the area. My family poineered the area as the first settlers here.

My house was built in 1912 and I love to collect antiques. We have restored it to the orginal heritage condition including the hardwood floors and oil cloth lino from the 1900's All the doors have the orignal glass knobs.

I also have a book collection that dates back to the turn of the century (late 1800 early 1900)

Gosh that was long..I guess after almost 20 yrs of marriage and 38 yrs of liveing I have alot to say about me LOL

To Think Dh and I still have the best yrs yet to come. EMPTY NEST!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!

I LOVE to post on JM late at night. When I have finally time to my self LOL

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
August 6th, 2008, 04:08 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
I am Casey (34 for 19 more days) and DH Tim is 26. We will have our first anniversary in a little over a month, on the 8th of Sept. We were married on 9-8-07. My sister was married on 5-6-07...wierd huh?

We have one pet that is physically a cat but mentally I think she's a dog. She begs for food, she growls when someone rings the doorbell or knocks on the door. And she sometimes chases her tail for amusement.

I have 4 younger siblings, 3 sisters and 1 brother. All the sisters have kids. I have 3 neices and a nephew. My nephew has Down Syndrome and is the light of my life. He is the most lovable child I've ever met.

I work for a supermarket in a management position and have been at the company for over 17 years. That's where DH and I met.

Love to read books, especially true crime books, like anything by Anne Rule. Love to watch CSI and shows like that.

DH and I are currently looking for our first house. We have searched for a little while and may be actually putting in an offer today on one. It is closer to my family (who all live within a half mile of each other, except lil'bro).

Tha's about it for now....gotta go to work....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 6th, 2008, 06:41 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is so much fun . . .

I’m Becky, and I turned 34 in May. I am married to my wonderful DH, Tony who is also 34. DH & I met thru eHarmony, and have been inseparable since our first meeting.

I have 3 brothers, 2 older & 1 younger but no sisters. I am very close to one of my cousins, Judy, who is like my sister, and I have some long term friends who are more like sisters then friends.

I was raised in a very small town in southwestern VA (a 1 traffic light small town), and moved to the Washington DC metro area when I was 19. That was quite an adjustment. Traffic still “scares” me at times here, but overall I’ve adjusted very well and have come to love this area. It is quite expensive, but luckily DH & I both have good jobs.

My 3 brothers all still live near the small town we were raised. Our father passed away in Dec 2000 at the young age of 60 after being ill for many years. Our Mom lives with my younger brother and his family and spends a few weeks every now & then with me & DH. DH’s father also passed in June 2001, so unfortunately we also have that in common.

From my brothers, I have 7 nephews/nieces with the oldest being 20 and the youngest being 3. On DH’s side, he has 1 brother and we have 1 niece from him.

DH’s father was American so thankfully I have a “pronounceable” last name, his Mom is Greek. DH, myself & his Mom live together here in MD for ˝ the year. The other half Mom lives in Crete. The majority of his Mom’s side of the family lives in Greece on the island of Crete and we try to visit there every 2 years.

On my side, I have a VERY large family, as my Mom is 1 of 8 children and each sibling had a lot of children. Family reunions are quite loud!!! So, I obviously had no problem getting used to DH’s Greek family/friends. If you’ve all seen the movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”, it’s pretty close to how it is – and I love it. It’s chaos, but so much fun!

My first job was flipping burgers & hosting b-day parties at McDonalds, now I am in Human Resources for a local government here in MD and really love my job.

I am really really really afraid of spiders – and of course my brothers tormented me endlessly over this . . . not that I didn’t get back at them but that’s another story.

I love to take photographs, and have dreams of maybe doing this professionally at some time in my life.

I love to scrapbook, make cards, read (& read very fast!), write poetry (but haven’t done so in years), & work in my garden (I have a pretty good green thumb).

I did most of the stuff myself for my wedding – invites, programs, activity book, etc.

I’ve always been told I look just like my Mom, but I have more of my Dad’s physical characteristics - blue eyes, pale complexion, freckles, hair color, etc.

I grew up with a zoo, we had dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, hamsters, turtles, etc. Now, I have one kitty, Precious.

I tend to be over organized, and drive people nuts about it at times. (DH just knows to stay out of my way.) My clothes in my closet are all color coordinated, I usually have a spreadsheet for almost any event, & my pantry would probably “scare” most people.

Last but not least, I can remember asking my Mom to trade in my youngest brother for a sister – and I’m closer to this brother then my other brothers and he is who walked me down the aisle when I married DH.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Jessica, and I'll be 41 on the 17th. Paul is my wonderful husband, my Prince Charming. We met thru match.com April of 2007 and have been inseperable since then. When we met I lived an hour away so we did a LOT of driving back and forth. He proposed to me in June of 2007 and we were married in October. While planning the wedding, we sold his house and bought a house on 1/2 acre and moved....it was quite hectic during the month of September. Currently, we are building a shop so I can park in the garage again.

I started a bookkeeping business in June of 1993 and it's still going strong today. It's in the town where I lived when I met Paul, so I travel about two hours round trip 3 days a week. It's a good think I own a diesel VW Jetta that gets 47 mpg!

I have one younger brother who is in the Air Force and currently stationed in Spokane, about 2 1/2 hours from home. He is currently deployed in Kosovo for about another month. And, unfortunately, they will be headed to another base in June of next year. That makes me sad. It also makes me sad that I haven't been over to see them as much as I should since they are so close. He has 2 sons and one daughter (they're done now). I remember "trying" to kill my brother once and scaring the crap out of him once when we were younger. We used to bathe together when we were little and I told him not to go near the drain because it would suck him down. He didn't want to take a bath for a long time after that, and even then he always sat at the back of the tub. Another time, we were in the garage, probably around the same age (I'm guessing I'm 5 or 6 and he's 3 or 4), and dad had several tall stacks of the concrete that comes in bags in the garage. One of the lower ones had a hold in it, I have a tendency to pick at holes and make them bigger, and I was showing him how the cement comes out when you pick at the hole. Well, long story short, I went in the house and mom asked where my brother was and I said in the garage. She goes out there and the stack had fallen on top of him. Oops. Today, I love him so much it's not funny!!

Paul's got 2 older brothers and a sister and 2 nephews and 3 nieces. He's the baby in the family and was born very premie. 3 months premature comes to mind, but I could be wrong about that. You wouldn't know he was a premie by looking at him now!!

I've just started scrapbooking (kinda) and I love to watch movies, read, play golf and go bowling. I'm not very good at golf, but BFF and I have a great time each week. When I bowl regular on league I've got about a 170 average. I've been bowling since I was about 10, so you'd think I'd be better at it.

I'm a horrible housekeeper, but you wouldn't really know it because I'm so organized. Paul on the otherhand, is not organized at all, so I've got my work cut out for me.

We have a dog. A rottie named Baha (he's a house dog), he too was little when born, he was the runt of the litter and now he weighs about 120 pounds. He was actually mine when we met, but Paul (never liking dogs before and only owning cats) has come to love him. Baha's my third rott, all related....Shadow was first, and he fathered Tazz and he fathered Baha. My dogs have always been my kids and now I'm hoping that I can have a two-legged one. We had a horrible tragedy at home the week before the wedding. Baha and Paul's two cats did not get along, at all. I thought they might when we first all moved in together, since Baha had never seen a cat, but the cats wouldn't allow it. Anyway, the Sunday before the wedding Baha was outside and Paul got PO'd at the cats and threw them out too. There ended up being a fight and the results were not pretty....the younger cat ran away and the older cat is now in heaven. I thought for sure the wedding was off. The next day (Monday) I had to pick my mom up at the airport, she had never met Paul, and he came home drunker than a skunk after burying his cat of 12 years....not a good impression on my mom as you can imagine. On Tuesday, I was on the phone all over trying to find a home for Baha, not because I was told to, but because I felt it was necessary. Paul came home and told me no, we were keeping him and it was a tragedy that we could have avoided, but what's done is done. And, now, he gets weepy when he thinks of the day that Baha's not here with us......which will be awhile since he's only 2 1/2.

Well, I think I'm going to leave it at that. I'm sure it's probably way more than you wanted to know anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search