Six for Saturday

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2008, 08:19 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Six for Saturday:

Did you think it would be this hard to TTC?

Are you charting?

Are you taking prenatal vitamins?

Did you previously or have you changed something in your diet/lifestyle now that you are TTC?

Have you previously or will you do keep a baby book or a make a scrapbook?

Do you ever get jealous of your pregnant friends?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 9th, 2008, 09:53 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
[quote]

Six for Saturday:

[b]Did you think it would be this hard to TTC?
Yes...When we first started I had it in my head that I would get preggo the first month ttc. Now it's going on 5 months...a little down but will keep trying.

[b]Are you charting? Yes, but after what happen last cycle I wanted to not do it anymore...it's was like a roller coaster ride.

[b]Are you taking prenatal vitamins? Yes!!! for like 2 years now.

[b]Did you previously or have you changed something in your diet/lifestyle now that you are TTC? I stop drinking diet coke...which was so hard the first 2 wks and I stopped drinking red wine (I only drink it once in a while anyway, so it was not hard to give up), try to eat healther and workout more...still working on that one.

[b]Have you previously or will you do keep a baby book or a make a scrapbook? I would like to do both, but for sure I will do a baby book.

[b]Do you ever get jealous of your pregnant friends? Hate to said it...yes. Not that I'm not happy for them, but deep down I'm thinking why not me.

August 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you think it would be this hard to TTC? I knew that didn't happen immediately for everyone, but I thought that it would for me (I guess 'cause we spent so long avoiding).

Are you charting? Yes

Are you taking prenatal vitamins? Yes, my Dr. put me on them years ago!

Did you previously or have you changed something in your diet/lifestyle now that you are TTC? No caffeine (or very little), no booze near O time and during the 2WW, no sushi or soft cheeses then either. Try to get more exercise and sleep (although failing miserably there).

Have you previously or will you do keep a baby book or a make a scrapbook? Once pg and past the first trimester I may start a journal.

Do you ever get jealous of your pregnant friends? I think I'm more envious at how easily they have conceived. One of my oldest BFF's is pg with her 3rd - it happened their first cycle trying!
August 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never - I figured it would take my body a little while to get off the BCP, but it's now 8 months.

Are you charting? yes

Yes, been on them for a while now.

Did you previously or have you changed something in your diet/lifestyle now that you are TTC?
I cut out all caffeine drinks & try to exercise more.

Absolutely

Do you ever get jealous of your pregnant friends? I guess jealous is too strong of a word, like Kimberley I'd say I get envious and ask myself when is it going to be my turn.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 9th, 2008, 08:18 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Six for Saturday:

No, especially when I knew that all 3 of my sisters were able to conceive easily.

Are you charting?
Just started, but have to start thermometer charting....

Have been since I decided to start TTC....doc's suggestion

I am trying to eat atleast one really good meal every day and trying to watch how much junk I eat, although it's not working all the time.

I definately will make a baby book, and probably a scrapbook too. I have 2 scrapbooks already. One my sister and mom made for us of the wedding and one that I made of all the places that DH and I have gone and the wedding and honeymoon.

It's hard not to, especially when there are 5 of them around you, 3 all the time.

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 9th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
Six for Saturday:

No. Not even when we were TTC #1. It surprises me (although it shouldn't) that I'm not like my mom in this respect when I am almost her biological "twin" in almost everything else!

Are you charting?
I just started. It's hard for me to try and remember to take my temp each morning. I do watch the mucous signs as best I can though.

I started taking them when we were TTC #1 and have never stopped taking them. I figure it doesn't really hurt to have the vitamins and minerals whether I'm TTC or not.

I am trying to make better, healthier meals more often (although to listen to DH rant this evening, you'd be hard pressed to believe it....jerk.... ). I know I should cut out caffiene, but I have not been successful yet. I didn't really cut caffiene out the last time I got PG, so I'm kind of hoping that's not a factor....but I'll keep trying to cut down.

Have you previously or will you do keep a baby book or a make a scrapbook? I tried scapbooking years ago, and never got into the habit of doing it. I take lots of pictures and look at them online to reminisce, but no scrapbooking. I have a ton of empty photo albums, too! I'm lazy, I guess!

I don't have any PG friends at the moment. But if I did, I don't think I'd be jealous.

August 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
haphoping
[quote]
Six for Saturday:

Hope you don't mind me joining in, I am new here!

Did you think it would be this hard to TTC? This is my first month of really trying but I have to say that we were VERY casual about BC for two years and nothing happened so it makes me worry...

Are you charting?
Just started but I am using the wrong thermomemeter so I need to do better for next month, but I am using OPKs

Just started taking a Woman's Multivitamin 2 weeks ago

This is hard...I usually drink 3 cups of coffee and 3 diet cokes a day!!! Terrible, I know. So I just switched to caffeine free diet coke and 1/2 decaf 1/2 cafffeinated coffee. So far so good. I will terribly miss my glass or two of wine on the weekends!

I am a major scrapbooker so YES!

When my SIL and sister became pregnant a year ago I was suprisingly jealous. After I got the news over the phone I acted very happy for them but then hung up and ran into my room crying. I was so puzzled with my reaction but I think I knew deep down I was not satisfied with the size of my family and ached for a baby! That is when I started to really thinking about TTC #3...here it is a year and a half later and I've decided to go for it! )
August 10th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, I wasn't on yesterday, so this will have to be my Six for Sunday....

Six for Saturday:

Not at all. I thought we'd be PG right away.

Are you charting? Yes

Yes, have been since December 2007. And, I've got to say, my fingernails are looking awesome!

Not really. I've tried to eat better, and tried excercising, and tried getting more sleep and I've done a "little" bit better in all of those areas, but not like I wanted. This last cycle I cut caffiene out totally during the 2ww and seriously thinking about cutting back more than the little bit I drink in the W2O if it'll have an affect on my CM. Still researching that one.

Definately do both.

I don't have many friends that are still having children. But, with my JM "friends", don't get me wrong cuz I love them all, and jealous isn't the word for it cuz I'm happy for them from the top of my head to the tips of my toes, but I'm sad that I can't seem to be in the same boat as them. KWIM?

August 10th, 2008, 09:02 PM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you think it would be this hard to TTC? I knew it would take a few months, but never thought I would still be waiting 2 years later !

Are you charting? Yes

Are you taking prenatal vitamins? No, but I'm taking regular multivitamins

Did you previously or have you changed something in your diet/lifestyle now that you are TTC? I'm *trying* to eat healthier

Have you previously or will you do keep a baby book or a make a scrapbook? I have kept baby books for both of my kids, and will probably do the same if I have another.

Do you ever get jealous of your pregnant friends? Sometimes I do. I have too many friends having babies so I'm getting used to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search