quick clomid question

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2008, 04:12 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
For those of you who have taken Clomid before, do you recommend taking it at night or in the morning? Does it really help to bypass some of the side effects if you take it at night before bedtime? I'm supposed to start taking it tomorrow and I was just wondering. When I was on BCP, I had to take them at night because they made me feel icky....Thanks for the help!!!!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 11th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Casey - good morning! This is my first cycle using Clomid so I'm not sure yet what is the best time. Since we have to be consistent and take the meds at the same time every day, I chose to take them at lunchtime. I don't know yet if that's was the best choice, and today will be my 2nd pill. Yesterday, I was tired and felt dizzy once but I don't really think they were from the meds. I had been out in the garden bright & early yesterday morning, so I was physically tired from that and I think I was just dizzy from standing up too fast after playing with my scrapbooking. So, we'll see how today goes. I think each person reacts differently, so you may have different symptoms. For me, BCP never bothered me so I took them in the morning. The pre-natal vitamins also bother some people, and I ended up starting them in the evening just in case, but so far haven't had any problems with them either. Hopefully, you won't have any side effects with the Clomid . . . and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we both are successful!!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure...never taken it before. I would think before bedtime...sleep thru the side effects. GL to you both

August 11th, 2008, 05:39 PM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't tried it yet but I might do that soon (I have a prescription but decided to wait). I hope you won't have any side effects and will get your BFP.
August 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Casey, I'm sorry I can't help you with this one. I too took my BCP in the evening before bed. Good Luck!! I hope you get your BFP this cycle from the Clomid!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search