Why is AF still here?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, maybe it's age related, but this is a strange AF for me. First of all, she shows up a little late. Then everything's normal, second day is heavy with cramping and clotting...nothing new. Third day kinda starts out a little heavy and then dwindles down to nothing, and I mean nothing. I'm all excited thinking I'll do a little spotting on Sunday (day 4) and I'll be back to a "normal" AF for me. Sunday, nothing.....that is until about 6pm then I had a little bit of spotting and I said "oh, there you are, were you out for a lil bit of shopping?" And then somewhere around 8pm I noticed it got quite a bit heavier. By 9pm I was cramping harder than I'd ever done in my life!! I thought I was going to die!! A super tampon was filled up in less than 2 hours, between 8 - 10pm (sorry about the tmi). After about an hour on the heating pad (which I've NEVER had to use for AF) and a DH that was super worried we went to bed. Well, DH did, I was in the bathroom with really bad (sorry TMI again) diahrea. Yesterday, day 5, I should have been spotting at the most and even tho all I wore was a liner and not much was ever on it, whenever I wiped it was bright red and all over the tp. And, I'm still having the same issue this morning. AF never lasts this long for me and I was wondering if it's age related or if it's possibly something else. And, to top it all off, I don't think my CP was ever low and firm. There was one day I didn't check it (nasty day 2), but all the other days it's been medium and soft. What's up with that???

Sorry, I just don't get it. I used to know my body and what it did, and now......

August 12th, 2008, 06:43 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any answers, but wanted to give you some hugs! I'm sorry AF is being so strange for you this time, hopefully you won't have to see her again for a while.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry Jessica..I don't have the answer for ya a big . My Af can last up to a wk (but spotting mostly). You are going to your dr soo, right...maybe you can ask him. GL hope you will get this cycle.

August 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, girls!! I did end up calling my normal doctor this morning because when I showered...sorry, tmi warning!....there was a clot about 3 inches long and 1/4 inch wide! I freaked out. I'm thinking all kinds of strange things. So, I called my regular doctor and talked to the nurse, whom I trust completely, and they said that since I wasn't "late" and I normally clot (although not this late in the game) not to worry about it unless the bleeding continues. So, after that I'm thinking well maybe that thing was just stuck to my insides and dribbling, for lack of a better term, and that's the blood I've been seeing. Now, I'm not so sure since the last time I checked (ie, went potty) there was the same amount of blood on the tp and again nothing on the liner. I haven't even told DH yet, he's got his own issues going on right now with work. So, I guess I'll play it by ear and if the bleeding continues or gets worse or I start cramping again, I'll just have to deal with it.

August 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad your nurse was able to answer the question...hope the bleeding will stop soon. Sorry to hear that your dh is having work related problems...GL to you both and tomorrow will be a better day.

August 12th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I'm glad you were able to talk to the nurse. Let's see how the next few days goes, and I hope the bleeding stops soon & the cramping goes away. Hang in there & keep us updated. And I really hope things settle down for your DH soon at work.

August 13th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks again, girls!!* Well, it looks like things are getting better.* I've been spotting since yesterday afternoon, so she should be gone sometime today.* YAY!!*

I told DH last night about it, and I wasn't even part way thru the story when he asked me, with a very ashen face I might add, if I m/c.* I finished my story and told him that is was "possible" that's what happened, but I don't know since I never had a positive HPT (he doesn't know half the terms we use here on JM so I can't say things like O, BD and BFP/BFN, etc ). So, we'll just go about our normal routines and see what happens this cycle. I'm hoping we can get lots of BDing in here soon, I'd like to tonight so we can "catch up" from having a visitor and then start gettin' down to business starting Friday (cd9).

Thanks for thinkin of me girls!! It's so wonderful to have my JM ladies!!

August 13th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks for updating us, Jess, I was wondering how things were going with you. - And I'm so happy they're getting better. Yay for AF leaving soon!!

And I know what you mean about our JM language here, I catch myself using the abreivations with DH at times too and he just laughs at me.

August 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for updating us. I've only been a member a short time, but am already starting to wonder about you guys during the day and have started praying for you ladies to get your BFP's. Thanks ladies for welcoming me into this group!
Hi, my name is Mary and my DH is Andy and we are a Christian family of 9 living on a farm. We enjoy growing and raising our own food. We have a huge garden in the summer for vegetables and raise our own animals for meat. We homeschool our children, use cloth diapers, and eat as healthy as possible. God has planned the births of our children and we love having a big family!

God has blessed us with:
Daisy (9), Veronica (7), Charlie (4), Sally (3), Mark (2), Travis (15 months), Nathan (5 months)
August 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
Jessica, I've passed a big clot like that once, too. I think if it was all dark, dark red and slimey (think slug-like.....sorry, can't think of a better example) that it was just a blood clot and not m/c. It was a long time ago that this happened to me, and I was on the pill at the time. I get smaller ones than what you described very often, usually during the 2nd or 3rd days of AF.

GL this next cycle! I hope all is well with you!!

August 13th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls!! AF has been on her way out all day. And, you're right Karen, that's exactly what it looked like!! I get dime-sized ones every cycle between cd1 and cd3. So, it looks like AF just wanted to stick around a lil bit longer than usual. Maybe that'll be a good thing and we'll get that so hoped for BFP at the end of the month!!

August 14th, 2008, 03:38 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Jessica...I'm gald that she decided not to extend her stay any longer. I've had those clumps too. I actually ended up at the doc's too when it happened because I'd never had anything like that before. It was like the 3rd cycle after I stopped the pills....So now that AF is leaving, get some BD done so we can start seeing some BFP this month...I'm really greedy for my birthday. I wanna see a bunch of BFP at the end of August!!!!!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 14th, 2008, 07:56 AM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad she's finally gone. Not only she's unwelcome in the first place, she sometimes decided to stick around longer and play tricks !. The not-so-dear aunt!
August 14th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey, Jess

I'm glad that things are wrapping up for you. I wonder if when we get those larger clots if it means our system is just really flushing out well that month. I hope that will make things better for you during this next cycle. BD to your heart's content and hope we all get BFP soon!!!

August 15th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Veteran
Hi, I just joined in. I have been having weird AF's on and off for a couple of years, so I know a bit how you feel. For 2 months awhile back, smack in the middle of AF (at 2.5 days) I started bleeding something terrible and passing huge clots (TMI, sorry). Once it happened in the middle of the night, and I had to sit on the toilet for quite some time as both tampons and pads together still wouldn't help.

My AF often stops and starts between days 3 and 4 also...she likes to play games with us, doesn't she?

I'm glad to see she's packed her bags and left for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search