frequent positive OPKs

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2008, 08:25 AM
haphoping
Hmmmmmm....I've gotten a positive OPK on CD 12 & 13, CD 17 and now yesterday on CD 23. I'm trying to figure out when I ovulate so I bought a 20 test kit and I just keep taking them everyday (except for a few days this past week). Here is a pic of my OPK from yesterday (CD 23). Doesn't it look positive? The test is on the left and the control is on the right. I'm beginning to worry if I might have sort of LH defect or something. What do you think? http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t...pe/test001.jpg
August 15th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Veteran
Hmmm...I wish I could help more!

Only the pricey OPK's seem to work for me (they're super-sensitive), so I only use them starting CD 11 (I usually get a + on CD 12) and then I stop using them because I can't afford to waste any. I don't know how long I'd continue getting a +, if I kept testing.

I DO know, that we supposedly have some LH in our system at all times, but then, usually the test line should still show up, but not be darker. Yours definitely looks darker. This is confusing.

Could it be that your body is trying to ovulate, but it's just dragging its feet about things this month? Have you been checking your temps?

Have you used these tests in the past, and is there a possiblility that there's something wrong with them?

I got false positives with OPK's once, but sadly that was because they also pick up on PG hormone, and I was about 11 days past a MC. (I was getting cramps and wanted to know if I was O'ing again). Is there any chance that you are already PG? That sure would be great!

I hope you get some answers soon...it can be so frustrating.
August 15th, 2008, 11:35 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your body is doing these crazy things to you. I've only used OPKs once before & I did get multiple days of positives and when I asked for opinions/advice I was told that you are supposed to stop testing after you receive that first positive. Also, like natesmommy suggested your body may have been trying to O several times. Are you also temping or checking cervix position/CM as well as OPKs? And lastly, I've heard before (and natesmommy also has had this happen) that sometimes OPKs can be positive if you're pg. How long are your cycles normally?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
haphoping
Thanks girls for your opinions/advice. I dunno if I am pregnant, my goodness THAT would be a shock if that was the reason the OPKs are positive! My cycles usually last 28-30 days and I am on day 24, so still too early to do a hpt. I know that some people have a problem with the OPKs never turning positive and they switch to a more sensitive brand, but I am having the opposite problem- it is like the OPK is TOO sensitive. Maybe I should have just stopped testing after my first positive like you did Becky and then I wouldn't be concerned like am now! LOL . I think I am going to surf the net and see what I can find on this subject....Have a good night all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search