Cervical changes?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM
haphoping
Could someone please explain how the cervix changes throughout a cycle? I think I know about the CM but have no idea about the cervix changes. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
August 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Okay, I'm not really good at explaining all of this so I'm going to suggest you also check out FertilityFriend.com. They have a charting program where you can chart your cycle, and have a lot of good info on temps, CM, cervix position, etc. I've learned so much from that site.

Here's a link directly to their page of How To Observe & Record Your Fertility Signs. Scroll down and you'll see the "Changes in the Position and Firmness of your Cervix". This should hopefully answer your questions.

Good luck & keep us updated with everything!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 16th, 2008, 06:12 AM
haphoping
Thank you- just read it all. Very informative. Do you find it realistic to be able to judge whether your cervix is high or low? I can definitely chart the CM...but cervix changes? I'm not so sure. I'll really have to get my detective hat on THANKS!
August 16th, 2008, 08:46 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
I'm still trying to figure that out myself too, and I'm not very consistent at checking every day either. Sometimes I can feel it immediately & other times I can't seem to find it at all. I guess once you do this often, you'll start noticing how it feels in your body and can chart it accurately.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 16th, 2008, 10:37 AM
haphoping
TY!!
August 18th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If you're going to check CP, try to do it the same time every day as it's position changes constantly throughout the day. I usually do this in the shower every morning, cuz it's usually about the same time, I'm in the same position (foot on the edge of the tub), and my finger is clean. It'll take about a cycle of checking every day to get the "feel" of how far your finger goes and what you're actually touching. When I first started checking I thought, OMG that's high, but then when it actually was high it was really hard to reach.

It's hard to describe, I've seen a drawing in a book to get an idea, but here's the best way I can describe it.....make a circle with your first finger and thumb, then stick it around your nose, the end of your cervix feels like that...kinda like a cone going thru a hole. If it's hard like the end of your nose then it's "firm", if it's squishy like your lips it's "soft", and somewhere in between would be medium.

Unfortunately, it'll probably take a full cycle to get the hang of it. It's disgusting, but the only way to feel what low and firm is, is if you check it during AF. I did that the first time thru, just to get an idea of what I was looking for - sorry, feeling for. Good Luck and I hope you can get it figured out soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search