Sorry I've been MIA

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I've been MIA ladies. I'll try and give you a quick run down as to what my last 4 days have been like. Only 4? Wow, it seems like longer than that!!

Well, on Thursday I was in a discouraged mood about a lot of things, including TTC. I was on the road (a 2 hour drive to some clients that I see once a month) and I got a text from DH that some friends of ours are 6 weeks pg and I lost it. I started bawling and screaming in the car that it's not fair, blah blah blah. Sent DH a text back to that effect and that that is not what I needed to hear today (he already knew I was discouraged and down). So, that made him feel bad, which I didn't want him to feel that way. So, my day was not a happy one. Then when I got home DH and I just kept rubbing each other the wrong way and it ended up escalating into an argument so the night didn't go any better than the day.

Friday, went better, we were talking again, but due to so many things to do around the house and it seems like DH is working at home when he's not supposed to be we didn't get to spend any time together. But, I was off of JM because I was still sad about the friends getting pg. Afterall, they'd only been trying for 2 months and personally, I don't think they have that strong of a relationship.

Saturday, was a very busy day. It seemed like one thing after another happened. I don't think I even turned on my computer. DH had to work (he's supposed to work all weekend), it's like 110 degrees outside and miserable. DH gets home around 5:00 and says he's got a few things to do, he's going to get in the shower afterwards and we're going to dinner for my birthday (which is the next day, Sunday) and leaving about 6:30 - he didn't want to do dinner on my birthday because we'd be out too late. So, 6:30 rolls around and next thing I know his brother and his daughter show up along with his mom and step dad. Well, I guess we're all going out to dinner. It was nice. On our way to dinner, I found out that he got all of his work done and didn't have to work on Sunday afterall. BONUS!!!

Sunday, my birthday (I turned 41), we slept in - boy was that nice, we were going to go out for breakfast (he has the day planned out already but wouldn't tell me what we were doing) but got a late start so it ended up being lunch, in the little bavarian town of Leavenworth where we got married. Afterwards we played mini golf, which was fun - hotter than hell but fun - and then we came home. It was a great birthday! We got to spend the whole day together, just the two of us...we haven't been able to do that for ahwile.

So, anyways, that's where I've been. I'm sorry I've been gone, but I'm back and I think I'm caught up on this board. A little later I'll go check the others that I lurk on and see what I've missed. I hope everybody is doing well!! I've missed everybody!!! I'll get the weekly stats up a little later and get the chart stalking room going like I said I'd do over the weekend and didn't get to.

August 18th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear from you! I'm sorry you were so down, it sounds like you and DH had a nice time for your birthday. TTC is a roller coaster sometimes. We are all here for those moments. Hugs and have a great day!
Hi, my name is Mary and my DH is Andy and we are a Christian family of 9 living on a farm. We enjoy growing and raising our own food. We have a huge garden in the summer for vegetables and raise our own animals for meat. We homeschool our children, use cloth diapers, and eat as healthy as possible. God has planned the births of our children and we love having a big family!

God has blessed us with:
Daisy (9), Veronica (7), Charlie (4), Sally (3), Mark (2), Travis (15 months), Nathan (5 months)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search