Cycle Question...again :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Veteran
So my last period was July 24th (heavier on the 25) According the the ovulation calendar I should start thursday. Well I started tonight. Not heavy but enough to know shes here...which explains my moodiness hehe.

Anyway is there reason I could be early? Is this still a 28 day cycle and 14day luteal phase? Also I have had an infection all week ( a cyst on my shoulder) could my body have been stressed out and started early? Like I said before I never paid much attention to the lenght till now so just curious...so sorry for the silly questions.
August 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There's no such thing as silly questions here!!!! And I'm so sorry that witch showed for you. She's Evil!

Okay, I've come to find out that the 28 day cycle length is not accurate for every woman. When I asked my doctor a lot of these same questions he told me that the waiting to O part of the cycle can vary from cycle to cycle, but the luteal phase is pretty consistent. Stress or illness can affect when you O, but it will not shorten or lengthen your luteal phase. I think you O'd earlier then you thought, or your luteal phase is shorter then 14 days. Have you thought about charting or temping? This will help you figure out when you O, and after a few cycles you'll learn how long your luteal phase is. I use Fertility Friend, and have learned a lot from their site.

Good Luck! Please ask us any questions you have, we'll always try to answer the best we can and are always here to listen even when we don't have the answers!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Veteran
I do want to start charting but do not have a basal thermometer yet. Ill probably buy one soon...just gotta take care of the bills first. Not sure if just charting CM and CP would really be helpful with out the temps. I guess I can try.

I looked at the ff site and wow I jsut got so overwhelmed!
August 19th, 2008, 06:04 AM
haphoping
I am certainly not an expert, but I can tell you about my experiences..... I call me cycle a 28 day cycle because on average it is 28 days. BUT...some months it is 27 days and others it is 29 or even 30. So for me it can vary each month by 3 days or so. So maybe it is just a normal variance for you???? Good luck!
August 19th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Becky...there are no silly questions here and that a 28 day cycle is not for everyone, even if you give or take a day. An illness can cause you to O early, but your LP is pretty much the same each time, which is what causes AF to be late or early. If I did the math right, you had a 26 day cycle this month, which isn't abnormal. My cycles vary several days too, so it's nothing to be really worried about.

Charting is wonderful, it gives a lot of insight into what your body is doing (sometimes I wonder if that's really a good thing) it's way cool "knowing". If you can't start temping right now, you can moniter CP and CM, it "helps" when it come to getting an idea when you might be Oing, it won't disguish "when" you O, but it can help you say "Honey, we need to BD for the next week"

I'm sorry the witch showed. I'm hoping you can start temping and charting soon, I'd love to add you to the Chart Stalking Room!! Good Luck next cycle and I hope she leaves you soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search