Anyone else

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Or our we the only ones? Traveling for us requires a small loan, so we haven't done anything this summer. We moved in June, so that has taken most of our summer, just getting settled. I'm starting to feel like summer is slipping away.....
Hi, my name is Mary and my DH is Andy and we are a Christian family of 9 living on a farm. We enjoy growing and raising our own food. We have a huge garden in the summer for vegetables and raise our own animals for meat. We homeschool our children, use cloth diapers, and eat as healthy as possible. God has planned the births of our children and we love having a big family!

God has blessed us with:
Daisy (9), Veronica (7), Charlie (4), Sally (3), Mark (2), Travis (15 months), Nathan (5 months)
August 19th, 2008, 06:51 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With us, we take our biggie vacation every 2 years to Greece - so we were lucky enough to get away this year but in the in between year we typically don't do much. And of course, it's only the 2 of us (3 counting DH's Mom when she's here for 6 months) at this time. I know what you mean by the summer slipping by though . . . the whole year has gone by so fast.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 19th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH's job (at least for the time being - we're hoping for a change soon) is summer oriented so summer vacays are out for us. We were hoping to go to Cabo San Lucas this fall to celebrate our anniversary (and Sammy Hagar's birthday ), but we're thinking that's not going to happen. Plus, we're so busy trying to get the shop built before winter, it's been tough.

August 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
What's a vacation????? I'm just asking....

I haven't been on a "vacation" since early February I think. The time I took off in June was to recoup from my lapro so that doesn't count. And the next vacation that I'll take will be to move into whatever home we end up with. And even during my vaca in Feb, I babysat my neices and nephew most of the week, so that really wasn't a vacation either. So my last real vaca was my honeymoon about a year ago to Aruba....Now that's something I'd love to do again....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No vacation for us either. We usually go to the Outer Banks. This year though our oldest got married and our next daughter is leaving for college next week. So we have little money for vacation. I think we are going to the beach next year. I am ready for a vacation so bad.

August 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had a 3 week vacation planned for November to New Zealand. BUT, we cancelled it after I discovered I was pg (before the loss) since I was due a week before we left. Plus we're renovating the bathroom and that's depleted our bank account. We're taking a week's "staycation" in Sept. I don't know if we'll plan another vacation in 2008 or not. (Although DH wants to go to Montreal for the Grey Cup in Nov.)
August 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat...my dh has his own business so it's hard to get away. We hope to maybe go to vegas for the wkend soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search