Spotting today -- heralding AF or ???

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 09:12 PM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
This might be TMI, but I want to know if someone can give me an opinion on what this might be:

I went to the bathroom this afternoon (#2 and had to push a bit, sorry, like I said, probably TMI ) and when I wiped, I had just a bit of bright red spotting on the paper. I supposedly O'd on Monday, so now I'm wondering if this means that BD didn't work and AF is coming or if it could be something like "implantation spotting" or if there's just no way to tell???

August 22nd, 2008, 03:17 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You thought you Od on Sunday or Monday - right? So, hopefully (crossing fingers very tightly here) this could be implantation bleeding. Its too early for AF to show unless you Od earlier then you thought.

Good luck!!!!! And of course, please keep us updated!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 22nd, 2008, 06:30 AM
haphoping
Just my experience: I had spotting (the exact same as you described) which turned out to be implantation bleeding 2 days before AF was due. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
August 22nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks!

I'm confused now though.......my temps just spiked again over the last couple of days, just as high as when I supposedly O'd (spiked, went back down to 97.3 for 2 days then went to 97.7 then 97.9 today!)

I'm

August 22nd, 2008, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It could be IB. Sorry, but are you sure it was vaginal bleeding? Boy, I wish you had a chart we could look at. The dip and subsequent spike could be an implantation dip. From everything I've read, the corpus luteum starts to go away, drop in temp, and is "saved" by the progesterone from implantation and causes the temp to go back up. That's supposed to happen like 7-10 dpo, which if you O'd on Monday, would be a tad early, but not unheard of. Keeping my crossables crossed!! KUP!!

August 22nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know that sounds like IB..the drop in temp and then up for 2 days...IB. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya..GL . Are you going to test early and see?

August 22nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Quote:
I don't know that sounds like IB..the drop in temp and then up for 2 days...IB. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya..GL . Are you going to test early and see?[/b]

No, I'm going to try to be "good" and not test until after AF is late. I went through about 5 EPTs when AF didn't show in June. Plus, with my last PG, it took a while to get a BFP even when I tested after AF was overdue. Imagine our happy surprise a week later!!!

Jessica,
I know what you mean with the question about where it was bleeding. It wasn't from my hemoroid. I checked that, too. No, it was from the vaginal area. I had spotting again this afternoon after a BM. Not bright red, not as much - just some pink on the TP.

Also, I saw the Chart Stalking Room and I have a chart on FF, but I'm not sure how to post it so you all can see it. I have to log in, so I was assuming I can't just give you the URL for the chart page..... I'll be happy to share if you tell me what to do! Thanks!!!!

August 22nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!

About posting your chart: Go to you charting home page, click on "home page setup" on top of your chart. Then you'll find " Your charting home page web address" copy the URL and paste it here.

You can also get there by clicking on "sharing" on the left hand side of the page, then "home page setup"

August 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
OK - let's try it:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/d3964

ETA: I think it worked!! I'll post it on the Chart Stalking thread, too! Thanks!!

August 22nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Your link works - so Yay we can now stalk your chart!! I'm far from a chart expert, but are you sure you O'd? I can't clearly tell from your chart. If your temps had stayed up it would be more clear. How long are your cycles typically? The other thing I notice is that you have several days of flat temps (temps with the same reading). That doesn't typically happen and could indicate a problem with your thermometer. Also, does your thermometer read to 2 decimal points?

August 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Your link works - so Yay we can now stalk your chart!! I'm far from a chart expert, but are you sure you O'd? I can't clearly tell from your chart. If your temps had stayed up it would be more clear. How long are your cycles typically? The other thing I notice is that you have several days of flat temps (temps with the same reading). That doesn't typically happen and could indicate a problem with your thermometer. Also, does your thermometer read to 2 decimal points?[/b]
I'm fairly sure I O'd but was more relying on the fact that the chart calendar showed that's when it happened b/c of the dip and rise of the temps. I'm pretty sure the digital thermometer that I'm using works correctly, but no, it's not a basal thermometer. We already have 3 thermometers in our home and I really didn't want to buy another one. I know they're not that expensive, but I just don't feel like buying another one. I've had spotting two days in a row after BM and some slight cramping in the abdomen on and off for the last few days. Plus I was very...uh, "lubed-up" shall we say? .....around the beginning of the week the times we did the BD. The CM was about right then, too.

August 22nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for getting a link to your chart!! I'll add you when I get to that room to update.

You should be ok with the thermometer you're using. With the flat temps, you could have been extremely regular those days. As for O, I'm not a chart expert either, but I don't see a thermal change and FF hasn't given you CH yet. Then again, it could be confused - that's been known to happen . Based on the spotting, lack of CH and the current rise in temp I'd say you "just" O'd and FF hasn't given those CH to you yet.

Good Luck!! And, you can bet you'll be getting stalked in the CSR!!

August 22nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Based on the spotting, lack of CH and the current rise in temp I'd say you "just" O'd and FF hasn't given those CH to you yet.

Good Luck!! And, you can bet you'll be getting stalked in the CSR!!

[/b]
Well......shoot......we didn't do the BD last night, and we're most likely not going to be doing it tonight either. If I "just" O'd, I think we've missed our chance.....

August 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there Karen!! I'm not a chart expert by any means. Besides, those lil guys can live for several days. We all have to remember (trying to take my own advice now) that it's the trying that's the fun part. Hang in there, kiddo!!

August 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
BTW,

What does "CH" stand for?

August 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
CH - Cross Hairs. It took me the longest time to learn our JM lingo here.

August 22nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm no expert either, but it seems to me that you O'd on CD24 and the spotting could be ovulation spotting. The next few days will tell if your temp stays high. That puts you with several of us here who are areound O time. We'll be sure to atalk you!
August 22nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Well, plans changed tonight. Our friends decided not to come back to our house after dinner, so I seduced DH and we did the BD! So, hopefully, whether I O'd on Monday or now, that will help! I put my hips up, too, while watching a full episode of House Hunters International (love that show - they were in the Bahamas!!! SO want to go back!!! DH and I were there at the beginning of June).

Thanks for the info and support, ladies!

August 23rd, 2008, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'm glad you got another BD session in! I too keep my hips tilted up....I fell asleep like that the other night We'll be sure to stalk you in the CSR!! Good Luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search