Spotting - sign of pregnancy?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Veteran
I also posted this on Am I Pregnant board.

AF is due today but two days ago, I started very light spotting in the morning (light pink color). Then it stopped by later afternoon. Then it started again yesterday and continues today. Again very little and light pink in color. I've never had spotting before. I also have had very mild, AF like cramps, on and off for the last two days. I keep waiting for AF to arrive but hoping she won't. Do you think this is a sign of pregnancy? I was on antibiotics a few weeks ago for a throat infection and wonder if that could have thrown my cycle off?
Go to the top of the pageReport Post

Edit Post
August 25th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Veteran
Hi. The most frustrating thing about TTC is that early PG symptoms and AF symptoms are so similar! I think it's a cruel joke of nature.

I don't remember any spotting with the PG's I had when I was younger. But with my last little boy, I had a bit of brownish discharge at 12 DPO, a day before AF was due. It wasn't even enough for a panty shield, then it stopped.

With my next PG, I had the same thing, same cycle day. (Sadly, I MC @ 8 weeks).

And then there are those months when I get some spotting maybe 4 days before AF is due, then it stops completely. I never knew what caused that. For me, my most telltale sign that it is AF coming and not PG is that I feel really mean mean and meaner (I get severe PMS).

I understand your frustration! I so hope it is implantation for you...as I said, from my own experience, it certainly can be. Keep us posted!
August 25th, 2008, 08:54 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
,I'm not sure if that means you are preggo or not. Maybe you cnd test and see. Hope AF will stay far away and the spotting is a sign of pregnancy. GL keep us posted

August 25th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It could be a sign of pregnancy, then again, the antibiotics could have messed with you a little bit too. If AF is due today, you could POAS and you should get an accurate reading. If you're not charting, make sure you haven't mis-counted your days between cycles. Good Luck and KUP!!

August 25th, 2008, 12:09 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been pg, so I'm not too sure of pg symptoms, but other ladies here have had implantation bleeding. Hopefully that is what this is for you. Are you charting your cycle? Do you know how many days you are past your ovulation? Good luck & keep us updated!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 26th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Veteran
I don't know exactly how many dpo I am but when I had my first child, I was temping checking my cm and seemed to O around day 14-16. I check my CM and so I think I probably O'd around the same cycle day. Therefore I would be 13-15 dpo. Still no sign of AF but some very mild crampy feelings this morning.
August 26th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Veteran
Quote:
I don't know exactly how many dpo I am but when I had my first child, I was temping checking my cm and seemed to O around day 14-16. I check my CM and so I think I probably O'd around the same cycle day. Therefore I would be 13-15 dpo. Still no sign of AF but some very mild crampy feelings this morning.[/b]
I had loads of cramping starting from early on with my last PG. I hope this is it for you!
August 26th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I hope AF stays away!!! When do you plan on testing?

August 26th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Veteran
I plan to test Thursday or Friday. AF has been as many as 5 days late on occasion so I figure I will wait rather than possibly waste a pregnancy test. I sort of have a feeling that I am pregnant but at the same time, don't want to get my hopes up.
August 26th, 2008, 06:00 AM
I can understand that. Those BFNs are so depressing to see. I hope this is it for you, and in the meantime I hope you stick around. We're a small but growing everyday group of wonderful ladies here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search