Hello!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone! I am 36 with 3 kids 19, 17 and 9 and we are trying for another baby. The difference this time is not only my age but my husband had a vasectomy after my last and he just had it reversed 3 months ago. We just got his 2nd semen analysis done and it is much better then the first but still not great. He has a total count of 63 million with only 10% viable. I have been attempting to use OPK kits. This month I think I must of missed it because I felt myself ( I think) ovulate this morning and I didn't see a smiley face on my test stick! So disappointing. I am thinking about spending way to much money on a Ovacue monitor. Does anyone know anything about these? I do have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to talk about going on Clomid and trying a cycle of IUI. Does anyone have any advice on this procedure? Thanks! I look forward to going through this process with you!

August 25th, 2008, 10:57 AM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 38 and Dh is 39. We have 2 boys (9&7) and are trying for our third.

I'm afraid I have no experience with the monitor, or with IUIs. I just wanted to welcome you here and wish you good luck.

I would recommend that you chart your cycles to get a better idea about when you ovulate. Have you tried that? I use fertilityfriend.com.
August 25th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello! And Hallie!! I'm Jessica (41) and DH is Paul (38) and we've been TTC#1 since January. I co-host the board with Becky. We're glad you've found JM's and us here on this board. We've got a great group of ladies here.

That's awesome that DH went thru that reversal. I can't answer much on your questions as I haven't reached either of those two steps yet (and hopefully I won't). But, I can suggest, like Sherry did, that you chart your cycle. I think it'll give you a better insight as to what your body is doing and it'd be way less expensive than a monitor. Fertility Friend is a great site, there's training, research and tips and it's free if you stick with the basic service (and even if you don't, it's not that expensive for the VIP membership).

Good Luck!! And, again, we're glad you found us and welcome aboard!!

August 25th, 2008, 11:09 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm Chum 34 dh39 ttc our first. GL hope you will get a BPF soon. I have very little luck with OPK, so I'm no help with that. I would just bd a lot just in case you are Oing soon.

August 25th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello & ! I'm Becky (34) and DH is Tony (also 34). We've been TTC #1 since January. I co-host this board along with Jessica. I'm so happy you found our group here, these ladies are wonderful!! Unfortunately I don't have any experience with what you're going thru (monitor, vacectomy reversal, IUIs) but wanted to welcome you here and wish you good luck.

Like Sherry & Jesscia recommend, I too use Fertility Friend and have learned so much from their site. With OPKs, this is my 2nd cycle using them and they "seem" to be working for me although I do tend to get multiple days of positives.

I'm glad you found us here, and I look forward to getting to know you!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 26th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to terajet Send a message via Yahoo to terajet
Hi there. I'm Terri (33) DH and I our TTC#3 for me but our first together.

Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. You're the best.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search