Another housing update

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2008, 03:49 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
So we are definately closing on the house this coming Friday. We still have no offers for our current residence, but we'll wing it for now. We got the seller to agree to fix some stuff and give us some money towards the other small repairs that we need to do. So this weekend we are going up to tackle the beginning of cleaning nd repainting and everything. Gonna be a long hard month, with working and doing the house stuff, but well worth it. I told hubby last night that he had better have some people lined up to help us move because I'm hoping that I will be in a position not to be able to lift anything....lol

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 26th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for closing on Friday!! That's awesome news!! Now, comes the hard part of doing the repairs and then the moving...........but it will ALL be worth it in the end.

August 26th, 2008, 05:38 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! I was thinking of you & the house this morning and was getting ready to ask for an update!!! You'll have so much fun making this house into your new home! Do keep us updated!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 26th, 2008, 08:32 AM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations
August 26th, 2008, 12:01 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats , may your home fills with happiness and little feets runnung around soon.

August 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great news! I hope the move goes great, and that you can't lift anything! When will you be testing, or are you waiting until you're overdue?
Hi, my name is Mary and my DH is Andy and we are a Christian family of 9 living on a farm. We enjoy growing and raising our own food. We have a huge garden in the summer for vegetables and raise our own animals for meat. We homeschool our children, use cloth diapers, and eat as healthy as possible. God has planned the births of our children and we love having a big family!

God has blessed us with:
Daisy (9), Veronica (7), Charlie (4), Sally (3), Mark (2), Travis (15 months), Nathan (5 months)
August 27th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Mary - I would test now if I could...I hate this waiting game junk. But I've gotten my hopes up way too many times in the past, so I'm just gonna fly low until it's time. I'll probably wait until it's closer to AF's unwelcomed visit date to test. But that would make us both so happy to have that and the house.

UPDATE: So here's another update...the seller (hereforward the jerk) had decided to get the septic fixed. When his guy (who agreed earlier in the month that the d-box needed repairing) started the repairs, he decided that all of a sudden the d-box is fine and doesn't need to be fixed. So now the jerk is saying that he is refusing to pay to get it fixed, even though we have it in writing that he will. So our realtor (family) is paying (out of her own pocket) for another inspector to come look at it today with the jerk's realtor there too. If this guy says it needs fixing, then the jerk has to fix it or we leave. Simple as that. So everyone keep your fingers crossed that the inspection fails.....lol If it goes good, the walk-through is tonight and the closing is 4pm on Friday!!!!!

casey cochran melanson
August 27th, 2008, 06:40 AM
He is a jerk!!! And once it's in writing, I don't see how he can back out on it. I'm glad your realtor is family and is willing to help with the cost of the inspection. I hope it fails and that jerk has to both fix the septic AND repay your realtor for the inspection fee. Grrrrrr!!!! I'm so frustrated for you, so I can only imagine how you & DH must feel. Hang in there, and keep us updated!!!!!

August 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there Casey!! Only a few more days left. That guy really does sound like a jerk. I'm glad you're getting a second, unbiased opinion.

August 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Okay so maybe calling him a jerk was a little over the top. The new guy actually agreed and said that the d-box did not need to be replaced. So we are letting him out of that part of the agreement. But the baffelding (sp?) is fixed and looks good. This new inspector actually got into the septic and looked around with a small camera and said that the d-box will last til the leach field goes, or longer. (That's atleast another 10 or so years.)
So we are defiantely closing at 4pm on Friday!!!! Then we get the keys and get to work.....And we met the seller tonight while we were doing the walk through and he actually seems really nice.....so I feel bad for calling him a jerk, although at the time.....

casey cochran melanson
August 27th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for closing on Friday!!! I'm sooooo happy for you Casey!! Congrats!!

August 28th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I'm glad it's all working out!!! Yay for closing on Friday!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search